Chapter 22

Not long before the end of Chapter 21

Craig-

I'm in Chad's law-firm (where I work) once again but hopefully, for the last time, because, frankly, I'm like everyone else, this thing needs to be over so we can all get back to our lives. I haven't known Donny, let alone Linnie, nearly as long as most of the people I've gathered here, but I'm beyond exhausted by all this drama. There's Kenny, Gina, Chad, Janine (getting more pregnant by the day), Brook, Spencer, myself, Krystal, Chris, Candace, and her and Donny's son Naldo. But Donny's on his way now and hopefully he's going to put a bow on this whole mess.

After dropping Linnie off at the airport, Donny went with his brother, Chester, his caretaker, Neil, and Chester's service dog, a German Shepherd, Gimble down to Manhattan to visit Donny and Chester's mom's gravesite. I'll let him explain more in a minute, but right now I have to settle everyone down. It wasn't easy getting everyone gathered here, especially Brook (along with Spencer).

"Alright, everyone, calm down." I say

"Don't tell us to calm down, Craig," Chad says impatiently, "what's this all about? I assume, that as usual, this is about that coward Donald."

"Yeah," Spencer says, "isn't it enough already?"

"Shut up, Spencer!" I say

"Please, don't tell him to shut up," says Brook, "against my much better judgement, you convinced ME it would be worth my while to come here and it better be; he better have a really good apology after I found out what a hypocrite he is."

I see Brook look over at Candace when she says this who's kind of standing alone with Naldo, who's playing on the floor with his toys. Other than maybe her brother, Kenny, no one's really spoken to her either because, right now, she's about as unwelcome here as Donny is.

Everyone was already upset with Donny after the revelations on Friday night and this thing with Naldo being Donny's kid hasn't made it any better.

"Guy's I know you're all still very upset with Donny," I tell them, "but he's had a long time to think about this."

"Where's he been all day," asks Kenny, "I know he brought Linnie to the airport this morning and I only know because my sister was hysterical over it."

Kenny, along with most of us, roll our eyes over this. She's barely been here a full 48 hours and I can already tell what a drama queen she is.

"I'll let him explain everything when he gets here," I say as I look at my watch, "which should be any minute now."

"Why're you involved with this anyways, Craig," Janine asks, "you haven't known Donny as long as we all have so how is any of this your business?"

"Janine, with all due respect to Chad because you're his wife and he's my boss, but please do not speak to me this way," I say, she looks a little insulted by this, "look, I'll say this much. Like you said Kenny, Donny brought Linnie to the airport so she could fly to LA so she can make her movie about her video, and to get some space from all this."

"I wish we could get some space from all this." Spencer says

"Shut up, Spencer!" Gina and Janine say at the same time. Those two have been sharing the same brain lately.

"Will you please stop interrupting me?" I say but I see everyone's looking passed me. I turn around and here comes Donny, Chester, his caretaker, Neil, the service dog, Gimble, and an elderly gentleman that I don't know. He must be the man Donny told me about that they brought back from the city. They all walk in, so I quickly signal to Chris to start live streaming on his phone now, while I quickly call Linnie and I also send her a link because this is going to be something.