The Collision Expands- Chapter 27- Kenny/Gina

The next morning around 10am; a Thursday; Kenny and Gina's house

Kenny-

"Hey, sis! Sis? Candace?" I call out to my sister, we never had our little chat about her moving out of here. I convinced Gina to let me talk to her myself because I know it'll turn into a catfight. Not that I'm ever one to turn down seein' a catfight, hehe, but not one that includes my own sister.

"Sis, you up, we need to talk and I don't want to wake Naldo." Huh? I go to the room where she and Naldo are staying and she's left a note on the night stand."

'Hey, bro. I'm sorry for the trouble I've caused you and Gina since I returned to town, you've been nothing but patient with me and my drama. I know you wanted to talk to me about moving out and getting a job. I am a fashion designer after all, so I took Naldo with our new friend, Derrick, to New York to look for work. He's also looking for work. Naldo's never been to the city and I haven't gone anywhere since I returned to the States. I'm also going to be looking at apartments. I think if I live in New York, I'm still close enough for Donny to see Naldo but far away enough to not cause a ruckus. I know you'll both be at work, so I won't call either of you. I'll tell you how it went when I come back.'

The first thought I have after reading this note is did Candace really write this? This has quite a different tone to it than how she's been since coming back. She's actually apologizing? She's finally getting her act together and getting a damn job? Does it have to do with this Derrick? Who's he?

Oh! Was he the black guy that was yelling at Linnie yesterday and kinda ruined the engagement party? I don't know anything about this guy but just based on that incident I don't know if I want my sister or especially my nephew around a guy like that. And before anyone goes crazy on me, no, when I say a guy like that I don't mean it as a race thing. The guy seems unhinged worst or just a hothead at best. Linnie seems to know the guy, I'll ask her.

"Hey, babe, I know you said you wanted to do this alone," I hear Gina saying down the hall, making her way to me, "but this is my house, too!"

Gina-

"Babe?" I ask as I see him alone in Candace's room reading a piece of paper, "Where's your sister? And where's Naldo?"

"Here, read this." Kenny says and hands me the piece of paper. It's a note from Candace. I read it and then I look at Kenny with a look of surprise and confusion.

"That was my reaction, too." Kenny says

"So," I begin to say, I shake my head, trying to make sense of this not, "assuming your sis actually wrote this, it means she's really going to move out. So we don't have to leave town!"

Me and Kenny have been arguing back and forth for the last week or so. He wants to move away because of all the drama. He won't admit it, but I'm sure this has something to do with me (and Janine, too) kissing Donny before his big apology speech last week or whenever it was.

I think Kenny's still feeling uneasy about the whole situation. Not the kiss itself, but he may think that I was lying when I said I felt nothing after kissing him. That was actually completely true at that moment but that didn't last very long because when Donny was making his big speeches, I felt a wave of emotion come over me towards him. I think it hit Janine even harder and that's why she and Chad are having issues. Janine told me this in confidence, not even Kenny. Until I saw Chad yesterday at the engagement party, no one's really seen either one of them since Donny and Linnie got engaged.

Kenny-

"Hold up, girl," I begin to respond, "this has nothing to do with why I want to leave and you know it. It's all this drama around here that ain't goin' away. I thought it would end Don and Linnie finally got back together for real, but now sis' is here, bringin' her own brand of nonsense. I just want to go somewhere to get some peace and quiet."