Ms. Krabappel

No one's POV
"So guys your senior prom is coming up. You guys excited?" Marge said looking over to her kids drowsy faces. "Not really," Lisa admitted. "Why's that Honey?" Homer asked looking up from his paper which he wasn't enjoying anyway. "It's just school without learning." Lisa said. "Only you could would like prom to be a lecture Lis," Bart joked taking a night of cereal. Lisa rolled her eyes. "I don't know sounds kind of fun," Maggie joined in. "I never pegged you as a prom person," Lisa said. "It's one last show before the final curtain until graduation," Maggie smiled. "Theatre nerd," Bart laughed. Maggie stuck out her tung towards her brother. "Maggie's right," Bart said.
"I think prom will be fun I mean I hope so." "Ohhhh I get it now." Maggie said. "What?" Bart asked innocently. "You're not excited for prom you're excited for Millhouse," Maggie made kissy faces taunting her brother. "Maggie quit teasing your brother." Marge said. Maggie groaned. "I assume you've asked him?" Marge asked Bart joining the table. "No," Bart admitted. "If it's cause of what happened don't worry Bart." Lisa winked branding a scar on her arm from the fight.
"You guys need a ride to school?" Homer asked. The kids nodded. They thought it best to avoid the bus as being trapped in a vehicle with no supervision didn't seem wise the first day back after the events. "Let's get going." Homer said kissing Marge goodbye.
Maggie had already been dropped off to school when Bart and Lisa arrived at their school. "Bye Dad," Lisa and Bart both said leaving the car. "You ready?" Lisa asked her brother. Bart nodded.

Barts POV
Was I ready? No. But I'm never ready for school. Just one more month and I'm done with this place for good. I walk into school avoiding the stares of my peers but they weren't really on me. I give Lisa a sympathetic half smile. She nodded to tell me she was fine.
"Hey Simpson I heard you beat the shit out of Janey that's hot," a dumbass varsity footballer cat called. "Watch it or maybe she'll kick your ass next," I shout back. Lisa rolled her eyes. "I'm going to class."
I start for class but I bump into someone. I apologize and quickly try to leave but they call me back. "Bart can I speak to you for a moment?" I 360 my body to turn to Principle Skinner. "What'd I do now?" This time I really can't think of anything I've done wrong. "Let's talk in my office. I groan but follow him I'm gonna miss health class but that's okay it's stupid anyway.
I sit down in a chair that I am all too familiar with. Junior year is the year Lisa really helped me turn my life around. I'm no nerd or anything I'm way too cool for that but at least I have a future now. "Simpson I heard how the fight started last week." He said folding his fingers. "I didn't start it! I'm innocent I haven't started trouble in almost two years. Why would I start now?" I say in defense. "I know Bart and I'm proud of you," he said. "Ew, gross," I say leaning lazily into the uncomfortable desk chair.
Skinner chuckled. "So why am I in here then?"
"I wanted to say I'm proud of how you handled the situation and didn't cause more trouble. And any time you need to talk I'm here." he smiled. I scoff. "What is this some kind of therapy session. Look I don't need a pat on the back. Now I need to get back to class I don't to fail my health final," I say grabbing my things. "You're a good kid Bart," Skinner said. I leave without looking back.
What was the point of that? 'I'm proud of you Bart' since when? I suddenly have a pit in my stomach. The last time I heard a teacher heard a teacher say that was before Ms. Krabappel. I miss her. I wish she could see me now. I think she'd be proud. I think she'd be happy to see my potential not going to waste. I have her a run for her money that's for sure.