Prom Plan

No one's POV
The bell rang and an announcement echoed from the intercom.
"Attention all juniors and seniors report to the gym for the discussion on prom. All must attend this meeting. I don't care if you aren't planning on going you still have to be present. And to the freshmen and sophomores stop sending me emails about the rules. Anyone in years lower than Juniors that come to the prom will be kicked out and be given detention. That is all."
All the juniors and seniors proceeded to head for the gym. Bart was caught up by Nelson. "Hey dude how come you were late for health?" He asked. "Skinner wanted to say he was proud of me," Bart cringed. "Ew," Nelson said. "That's what I said."

Bart's POV
The boys made their way to the top of the gym bleachers and found Lisa and Millhouse chatting about their upcoming chemistry final. The whole gym was busy with chatter. Boys and girls were gossiping over who and who wasn't going to prom. "Attention," Ms. Morcox, the A.P history teacher said. The gym quieted down. "The theme for this years been chosen." The students in the gym leaned in with anticipation. Lisa whispered to us. "They couldn't have just posted this or said it over the announcements?" Nelson looked at Lisa then me as if he needed help. Sorry dude I've got my own shit to work out.
"1950's night!" She said a little too closely to the mic and it made an awful screeching sound. Half of the kids clapped the others groaned in disappointment. I'm indifferent to the idea personally. "Hey Bart I need to tell you something," I heard Millhouse whisper in my ear. "Okay is everything all right?" I asked worried. "Um yeah sorry never mind," he squeezed my hand reassuringly. "Okay," I say still concerned. The meeting went on about stupid rules and such. I wanted to claw my eyes out it was so boring. After a horrible 2 hours the assembly ended.

No one's POV
"Mom, Dad? I'm back from school," Millhouse said throwing his backpack to the side and his car keys into the bowl. "Hey, how was school?" Luaan asked as Millhouse entered the kitchen. "Good. Though we did have a boring assembly about prom," he answered grabbing a soda from the fridge then joined his mother at the table. "Where's Dad?" He asked. The two had a talk and made up, as much as they could. Millhouse still harbored resentment against his father but he didn't want to lose his him so he tried putting it in the past. "He's still at work." She said sipping some coffee.
"Soooo," she smiled lightly. Millhouse cocked his eyebrow. Frankly the expression his mother was making was a little disquieting. "Yes?" He said nervously. "Did you give Bart the news?" She asked. I sighed. "I tried but I can't I still have time," I frown. "Times running out Sweetie," she said sadly. "Mom I'm not dying you make it sound horrible," I laugh. She nods wiping a tear from her eyes. "Anyways, the prom is coming up. You and Bart annnd prom..."
Millhouse sighed. "What's wrong honey? Do you not want to go?" Luaan asked taking her sons hand. "No I do it's just," Millhouse stopped. "You can tell me sweetie," Luaan gave a comforting smile. "Do I ask him or does he ask me?" Millhouse questioned. "What would you like to have happen?" Luaan asked. She suspected this was the reason for his down demeanor. "I kinda wanna ask him but how?" "Oh this is gonna be fun," Luaan said as she got up and yanked Millhouse up from his seat. "Let's go!"

Millhouses POV
"Let's go!" Mom shouted enthusiastically. She brought me to the couch and told me to sit. She left and came back a few minutes later with an entire poster board and a collection of assorted pens and markers. "Mom what is this?" I ask. It looks like she wants to make a murder board. "Your planning board," she smiled. "Uh ok," this seems a bit much not gonna lie.
"So what's the theme?" She asked taking off a cap to a black sharpie. "50's." She nodded and took notes. "You could do a proposal related to the theme!" That's actually not a bad idea but what's a 50's proposal look like? "What would that look like?" I ask. Mom's eyes light up. "I have a few ideas..."