Chapter I

Blaster fire pelted against the side of the barricades set up by the Republic forces. Clone troopers fired back on the B1-series battle droids that continued to advance toward their position. In front of the clones stood two Jedi, using their sapphire blades to block incoming fire to defend their men. As they began to be pushed back, three LAAT ships came in for a landing, firing on the advancing separatist flanks. Thirty more Clone troopers came pouring out, followed by two younger Jedi. One was of the Togrutan species, wearing basic Jedi robes that most younger Padawans wore. Beside her, a taller Human male wearing grey-blue robes and black plating stepped off of the ship, looking at the battle in front of them. Bodies lay all along the ground, ruble from the broken buildings and barricade was thrown about, scorched chunks of dirt and concrete laying here and there from the heavy plasma cannons of the droid infantry. The droids had stopped their advancement, taking heavy losses from the clone reinforcements and their LAAT's. Skywalker and Kenobi stepped down from the barricade and turned around to see the two younger Padawans.

" Ah, you must be the reinforcements we have been requesting. I must say, you might need to work on your timing. " Kenobi said, smiling at the two Jedi.

" The council sent younglings to aid us? We're there no Knights or Masters to spare? " Anakin asked, rolling his eyes.

" We are not younglings- " Ahsoka began to say, a bit of her sassy attitude already beginning to show. Anakin chuckled as the human Padawan raised his hand, silencing Ahsoka.

" We are to be your Padawans, Master Jedi. I am Aden Voss, and I've been assigned as the new student of Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. This here is- " Aden began to say.

" I'm Ahsoka Tano. I'm to be the student of General Skywalker. " Ahsoka said, smiling.

" A P-Padawan?! No, no, no! Kenobi is the one who wants the Padawan, not me! " Anakin complained, drawing a chuckle from Obi-Wan.

" Grandmaster Yoda and Master Windu believe that you'd make an excellent teacher for Ahsoka. A sarcastic and sassy student needs a sarcastic and sassy Master after all. " Aden said, smirking a bit.

" HEY! " Anakin and Ahsoka said in unison, drawing a stifled laugh from the Jedi Master and his new student.

" We are going to get along quite well my young apprentice. " Obi-Wan commented, getting an eye-roll from both Anakin and Ahsoka.

" Look, I'm sure you're great and all, but a student was no where on my bucket list of things to do as of right now- " Anakin began to say, still complaining.

" The council ordered it. You're stuck with me Skyguy. " Ahsoka said, looking at the Jedi Knight. Anakin gave her a look of pure offense, before snapping his head around to see Obi-Wan and Aden stifling a laugh.

" Don't get snippy with me, young one. " Anakin said, trying to sound stern. Ahsoka just rolled her eyes as blaster fire began to batter the barricades again. The four Jedi ignited their weapons, three sapphire, and one emerald.

" Do we have a plan or are we going to allow ourselves to be pinned down? " Aden asked, blocking and deflecting blaster fire.

" We need to take out their shield! Their should be some kind of generator in the center of the droids. They are using that shield to make sure our cannons can't rip apart their ground units. " Anakin said, jumping over what would've been a lethal shot.

" Couldn't we just bomb the capital cannons? If we pull up our guns on the left flank, we could force the droids over to the right. With them being forced onto one side, we could obliterate both their cannon systems and their communications array. Without those the droids are basically useless, not to mention defenseless, even with the rotation shield. " Aden suggested, deflecting more fire.

" Since when we're you smart? You never payed attention in the strategy class that Master Drallig taught. " Ahsoka said. Aden just rolled his eyes as he looked at the two older Jedi.

" Well... It's a better plan nothing. I'll have Captains Cody and Rex bring up the cannons. You three continue to distract the droids, we have to make sure they aren't paying attention to the shift in route! " Master Kenobi said, jumping down from the barricade and into the sea of Clones. The three Jedi continued to block and deflect blaster fire, defending their men and position the best they could. Meanwhile, Master Kenobi informed the two Clone captains to bring up the heavy plasma cannons. As they were brought up, the Clones made their way to the front barricades, taking every little bit of ground they could. Soon, large plasma cannons began tumbling forward, preparing for the assault on the communications array and cannons. Plasma began hurling towards the separatist flanks, slamming into the fear of the shield and into the droid reinforcements.

" We need to push the cannons further ahead! They aren't reaching the arrays and cannons! " Ahsoka said.

" If they're pushed much farther, they'll be put in range of blaster fire from the droids! They they get overloaded and implode, it'll take out both battalions, along with us! " Anakin said, ducking under more blaster fire.

" I could lead a battalion to outflank through the city? If I could bring them along the back alleyways, we could use the launchers on the array. We couldn't damage the cannon but it leaves them vulnerable nonetheless. " Ahsoka suggested, looking at Anakin. Anakin nodded after a moment of thinking, so Ahsoka began preparing some Clones.

" Reporting for duty commander Tano! " Captain Rex said, saluting Ahsoka.

" Bring your men with me, we are going to flank the droids and hit the array with the launchers! " Ahsoka said.

" The launchers, commander? Those are meant for piercing tank shields, not hitting technical equipment. That'll cause severe damage to the surrounding area. " Captain Rex said.

" I'd rather damage the area and win this battle than let this city and planet fall into the hands of Dooku and his droids. Thousands will die if we lose here, captain. " Ahsoka said, running off. Rex sighed and gathered his men, informing ten of them to gather the launchers. They began making their way towards the array as the plasma cannons continued to batter the reinforcements meant to join the battle after the shield passed over the Republic forces. After a few minutes, the sound of explosions could be heard behind the droid battle lines, followed by black smoke rising in thick clouds. The droids had faltered in their lines. They were confused, their orders from the Tactical droid now silenced. Blaster fire erupted as Ahsoka led a charge with her men into the shield, ripping through the confused and frightened battle droids. Anakin and Aden joined in on the charge as Obi-Wan slowed the cannons to a halt and let his men join in the fun. Aden jumped onto a tank and tossed a grenade down the barrel of the top gun, blowing the entire system up. Aden and Ahsoka met up in the center of the wreckage and shrapnel of destroyed droids as Anakin continued with his men to push the assault.

" Not to bad, Tano. Almost as good as me. " Aden said, faking a yawn. Ahsoka just rolled her eyes and lightly punched his shoulder.

" Are you sure you're not Skyguy's student? You sure have his attitude. " Ahsoka said jokingly, chuckling. Aden rolled his eyes and walked away, leaving Ahsoka to laugh. He waited for his Master who was bringing up the rear, knowing they had won this battle and saved the capital from capture. Aden noticed the generator and gripped it with the Force, crushing it until it exploded. The clones began advancing, and along with them, their Jedi generals. The battle continued, with the droids in full retreat, most likely on their way to leave Christophsis.

" Alright, let's head to extraction point X-12. We'll be waiting for you Skyguy. Oh and uh... you too Ahsoka. " Aden said, chuckling a bit.
Anakin shot him a glare as Ahsoka stifled a laugh. The Jedi and some of their Clones made their way to the extraction point, ready to head back to Coruscant for some much needed rest.