Chapter X

" Against my better judgment, I'm willing to let you attempt to take on the trials. You've only been a Padawan for a little over 7 months, yet I've seen you grow exponentially in that time. We begin now. " Obi-Wan said. The other council members watched patiently, waiting for the first trial to begin. Aden took a deep breath and grabbed his lightsaber off his belt with the Force. He ignited the yellow blade from within and spun it around, moving his front foot straight forward and his back foot towards the right. He held the blade in front of him, his stance mimicking the stance of Makashi. Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow as he ignited his sapphire lightsaber and took his signature Soresu defensive stance.

" It seems Padawan Aden has taken after the stance of the former Master Dooku. I thought this form was mostly forbidden amongst the order? " Master Mundi asked Yoda, whispering on the sidelines.

" How he learned this, unknown it is to me. Perhaps learned from the library he did. " Master replied, looking at the Padawan, studying him. Aden stepped forward, jabbing his blade forward. Obi-Wan pushed the blade to the left, moving his blade inward towards Aden's hand. Aden spun around and swung his blade with sharp precision. Obi-Wan quickly blocked it and moved inward again, only for it to once again be stopped by a precise spin. Aden quickly came off the spin into a rapier-style tri-attack of jabs. Obi-Wan avoided two and deflected the third, only to drop to one knee as his Padawan's yellow blade slammed downward with quick strength. Aden quickly stepped back into his original stance, holding his blade in front of him. Obi-Wan chuckled as he stepped forward, using Ataru as a means to connect swift strikes. Aden blocked every swing accurately, dragging his blade upward towards Obi-Wan's hand on the final swing. Obi-Wan spun away and immediately went into Soresu, blocking multiple jabs towards his ribs. Aden spun his blade backwards, drawinf Kenobi forward into Ataru. As Kenobi switched, Aden swung his blade to the side quickly, disarming his master and pulling his saber to his hand. Obi-Wan stepped back, shocked and amazed at his students progression. Aden handed over his master's lightsaber.

" Don't lose your lightsaber Master. That weapon is your life. " Aden said jokingly, getting an eye-roll from his master.

" Hm, a wonderful performance with a lightsaber, you have displayed. Concerns I have on your form however, I do. " Master Yoda said, stepping down from the bleachers.

" Concern? What for? " Aden asked, looking at the elderly Jedi Master.

" The form of Count Dooku, that is. Uses aggression it does. Aggression, a tool of the Dark Side it is. Hard to master, hard to control it can be. Fear of you falling, I see. " Master Yoda said, looking up at the Jedi Padawan.

" I see where you are coming from, Master Yoda, and I respect your opinion on the matter. I would like to continue practicing the form, to learn how to control any darkness that may arise from it. The form is comfortable to me, and if I may be allowed to, I wish to continue my training in it. " Aden said. Yoda thought for a moment. He had seen the progression Aden had made during his time in the temple, and he believed he might be one of the few Jedi able to control any possible darkness.

" Hm... Against my better judgement, allow this, I shall. Practice with caution, you must. " Grandmaster Yoda said.

" Thank you, Master. " Aden said, smiling while bowing.

" On behalf of the entire Jedi Council, Jedi Padawan Aden Voss, you have passed your final trial to Knighthood, and have become the youngest Knight in 200 years. With this new rank comes greater trials, greater risks, and greater rewards. There is only one thing left to discuss... "