Chapter XIX

" I'm here Master. " Aden said as he approached Obi-Wan and Anakin.

" Perfect timing. We were just discussing the Nano-Droids we found in Jackar's bloodstream. It seems he WAS the bomb. " Obi-Wan said.

" Jackar was the bomb? If he was the bomb, than is it possible that he didn't even know that he was the bomb? " Aden asked.

" It's possible, but until we can confirm that, we need you to lead with Master Drallig against the riots outside protesting in favor of the temple's destruction. " Anakin replied, looking through a report datapad. Aden nodded and headed outside the hanger and into the main steps below, meeting up with the Jedi Battlemaster.

" Aden! A pleasure to see you here, although I wish it weren't during a riot. " Master Drallig said.

" It's no problem, Master. Have you sent out the images to the main screens around the temple asking for information on Mr. Bowmani? " Aden asked. Almost as if on cue, a lady at the front of the crowd yelled and pointed at the image.

" Jackar! That's Jackar!! " She exclaimed.

" You know him? " Master Drallig asked.

" He is my husband. " She said, her eyes full of fear. Master Drallig held his hand out and gently led her into the temple to talk to her whilst Aden attempted to keep the crowd back.

" Down with the Jedi! " A Twi'Lek in the crowd yelled.

" You're supposed to keep peace not become war generals! " a younger human woman exclaimed.

" How many have to suffer before you help win the war?! " A Zabrak female yelled from the middle of the sea of people.

" You should remove yourselves from the war, all you do is play politics! " A human male yelled out. Aden stood there in position as he thought about what they said. Politics. It sure did seem like the council was becoming more and more invested with the Chancellor and political moves as their strategies instead of bringing up strategies to help those in the Outer-Rim suffering under Dooku's iron fist.

There will come a time where you too must choose. Will you remain stuck in the ways of old, or will you allow yourself to be reforged into something greater?

The random voices he heard in his dreams had become louder. He even heard them outside of his sleep, almost as if someone were whispering right into his ear. Aden held his head as images ran through his head. Sapphire lightsabers colliding repeatedly. A gloved, outstretched hand. The cackle of what sounded like a maniac followed by the sizzling of wild bolts of electricity. The yells of pain, anger, suffering, and so many more emotions ran through his head. Yellow and blue colliding over and over as a familiar presence begged someone to stop and think. Red-hot fire-colored eyes piercing through a Temple Guards mask. And then that line once again.

Will you join me?

Yes... My Master.

Aden's head felt fuzzy as he stumbled and fell to the marble stairs, catching the attention of both the crowd and the other Temple Guards...