Chapter XII

He trained with Baylan for almost 6 hours showing his Padawan how to use the Force in several different scenarios, and when to tell if a situation required the use of his lightsaber. Baylan was a fast learner, and proficient in the Force. The slightly older Padawan respected his new Master, despite being older. Baylan had always respected those who gained higher ranking and prestige at ages much younger than others. While power was one aspect of it, it was more-so just inspiring to him. Aden had become somewhat... Cold, in the way he acted. His attitude, which seemed the same, had hints of infinite pain yet ice-cold numbness around it, hidden between each breath, between each word. Aden had dedicated himself to studying the ways of the Force and of lightsaber combat, not only so he could be an effective teacher, but to distract him from the events of two weeks ago. He hasn't spoken to her or looked in her general direction once, even when she tried to talk to him. Anakin tried to attack him believing he had hurt Ahsoka, only to find out what had happened. Anakin was surprised sure, ( and as we all know ) wouldn't be the type of Jedi to snitch. Anakin, trusting both his Padawan and his Masters Padawan, made a risky move, telling them both ( separately) that he had married Senator Padmé Amidala. While Ahsoka was shocked, Aden didn't seem like he even cared, although Anakin didn't seem surprised that Aden didn't care. Aden had become immersed with knowledge, and power, and learning, anything that would keep his mind off of Ahsoka. On the other hand, Ahsoka only thought about Aden. What she said had hurt him beyond belief, and to Aden, it hurt much worse than his almost deadly injury on Kamino. Baylan had begun to notice the changes in his Master from the first time they met to now. When they first met, Aden was smiling, he was happy, he was enjoying getting to know Baylan and begin working with him. Now, just over two weeks later, it was like a curse had fallen upon him. He seemed down. Never really happy, but not deep in any sort of depression. Just kind of... Existing. Living in a temple he has devoted his whole life too yet feeling no meaning. Drifting about with seemingly no purpose if you will. Baylan wasn't sure how to help his Master, but he knew ( as his former Master often told him ) " A master not only helps his student learn and grow, but also learns and grows from and WITH his student. " Baylan had tried simple things like jokes or offering aid with seemingly simple tasks here and there, just as a way to maybe, POSSIBLY get Aden to talk, even a bit. Nothing seemed to make the shell Aden had formed break, it seemed impenetrable. That was until...
________________________________

Aden walked through the temple, wearing his Guard robes and mask, with his two lightsabers attached to his belt. Aden had grown quite comfortable with his role as a Temple Guard, and he had already begun working towards the rank of Temple Centurion. As the two walked, they discussed when Aden would next be around to train again. They rounded a corner, and Aden collided with Anakin. Aden quickly scrambled to his feet and brushed himself, avoiding eye contact with the Jedi Knight. Anakin brushed himself off and looked at Aden.

" Aden... We need to talk. " Anakin said. Aden just stared at him coldly and nodded. Baylan excused himself and told him they would finish later. Aden just nodded and followed Anakin as they walked to Anakin's room. They walked in and sat down, Anakin on his bed and Aden at a small table across from him.

" What do you want Anakin? " Aden said, voice voice numb. Anakin looked at him for a moment before signing.

" You need to Ahsoka. It was just a miscommunication of words. Surely you can see that. " Anakin said.

" She could've worded dozens of ways yet somehow she words it as our relationship isn't worth it. Yeah, I think I'm good. " Aden said. Anakin stood up and paced in front of Aden.

" Aden... She wants to talk to you, to make things work. Why can't you give her that chance? " Anakin asked. Aden sighed and looked at him.

" I want to but... Im scared. I'm scared of being hurt again. Sure I maybe overreacted. But it hurt. Just hearing those words from her so calmly... It cut so deep... " Aden said, looking away, his eyes watering up.

" Something I've learned is that our greatest joy our greatest pain comes in our relationships with others. It's going to sound a little... Eh. But this is true. You can't fix a broken relationship, you can only start things again and hope for different results with the same person. Me and Padmé had our ups and downs but we always started again. I understand your resentment to the idea of doing this but... Please. It would everything if you talked to her. For her sake, your sake, and mine. " Anakin said, smiling softly as he looked at Aden...