Chapter XVI

" You want me to train ANOTHER PADAWAN?! " Aden said, clearly frustrated.

" We believe you are more than able to train a Padawan, seeing as you finished Baylan's training with no issues. " Master Plo said.

" When I was training Baylan I wasn't under extreme stress with an investigation into a possible Jedi-turned-rogue behind a terrorist act on our hanger bay! Now you want me to train a Padawan with no experience AND go back into an open battlefield while keeping up with this investigation?! " Aden said, his voice rising.

" Calm down. " Master Windu said, his voice firm.

" Calm down? CALM DOWN?! You are asking to much of me too soon! I've been a Knight for a few months and you're giving me responsibilities as if I'm a Master! " Aden argued.

" Ready, we know you are. Stronger than many others, you are. Trained Skoll perfectly you did, and earn the rank of Knight far earlier than others, you did. " Master Yoda said.

" You achieved the rank of Knight at an age no one has in over 200 years. Someone with your potential and skill has become far more advanced than others your age. You are already set down the path of a Master. Personally, your advancement so quickly up the ranks is... Concerning to me and the council. " Master Fisto said.

" Concerning how? " Aden asked, looking over at Master Fisto through his mask.

" You've grown at rapid levels ever since your injury. Your quickly approaching the rank of Jedi Master and your only 16. The youngest Master in our history was Master Windu, and he was 24. We assumed someone like Anakin would achieve this level or rank but he hasn't even finished training his Padawan yet. Not only have you finished training a Padawan, earned the Rank of Knight, and become a Temple Sentinel, but you've done all of this with much less potential than Skywalker. Frankly, we aren't sure why you're able to advance so quickly while Skywalker falls behind. " Master Fisto said.

" Have you considered the fact that Anakin is stubborn, often ignores orders, has unorthodox methods, and tends to be overly aggressive and protective? Or maybe the fact that he only really trains Ahsoka mid-battle and just sends her to the library outside of the battlefield? Or maybe that he doesn't seem to show any interest in actually achieving the rank of Master or a seat on your council? Or that he's emotional and because of your councils rules and codes, he's restricted instead of blossoming into his full potential. You teach that emotions a majority of the time simple lead to the Dark Side instead of teaching him and others how to deal with emotions without letting them take control. This code, this council... It holds people back. Now if there's nothing else you need from me, I'll be going back to my investigation. " Aden said, walking out of the room. The council sat in silence, stunned by Adens words. Did their code hold back their members? Most of the council was frustrated with him for his small outburst, a few of them thought through it...
________________________________

Aden stepped off the elevator and was met by an eager young boy who couldn't be older than 11. The boy had a lightsaber hilt to his side, so it seemed like he was a very young Padawan.

" Are you Aden? " The young boy asked. As soon as he was asked his name, Aden knew that this young boy was meant to be his new Padawan.

" Yes, I'm Aden. And I'm assuming you are supposed to be my new Padawan, uh... " Aden said, realizing he never asked the council for his new students name.

" Caleb Dume, reporting for duty Master! " Caleb said, his excitement barely being contained. Aden chuckled, already seeing Caleb as himself 5 years before. Before the war had begun at least.

" Very well Caleb. Let's head down to the mess hall and we can get to know each other a bit more... "