Chapter XXVII

Maul spun both blades in hand. He was furious. Savage may have been his apprentice, but he was also a brother... The only family he had. Now he had been taken by these two... 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧... Maul dashed forward, blocking blades with Aden and Ahsoka alike. The Dark Side flowed through him. He spun around, swinging with precise but almost feral movements, forcing both of the Sith apprentices to take heavy defensives. Maul attacked Aden first, wanting to focus on who he saw as the stronger of the two. Eliminate the bigger threat, a divide and conquer method he and his brother often used. Maul kept up his attack, swinging with quick strikes to keep Aden backed up and Ahsoka away from him. Aden would eventually parry a swing and make Maul spin away. When Maul spun away, he swung at Ahsoka, forcing her to jump away. Maul was being much more aggressive, and he wasn't about to let up. He dashed forward again, attacking Aden with frenzied and precise strikes. Aden kept up his defense, weaving and deflecting strikes as Ahsoka tried to draw Mauls attention away. Maul knocked her back with the Force and Aden used this chance to swing. Maul blocked and stepped back to keep his balance. Maul tossed Savage's blade at Ahsoka and she knocked it away so he could keep all of his focus on his own weapon. Maul and Aden clashed blades, a battle of Juyo and Djem So all across the room. Ahsoka didn't really have a chance to interject in the duel as the two moved all around the room. Aden spun his blade behind his back and swung heavy, forcing Maul to back up and duck. Aden continued his momentum by spinning his blade and swinging in a quick and precise pattern. Maul was on the back foot, blocking each strike. Maul tried to punch Aden but Aden grabbed his fist and yanked him forward and away from him, making him roll across the ground and flip backwards and back onto his feet.

" You fight well, brat. " Maul said, his voice raspy.

Aden rolled his eyes under his helmet and ran forward, his black blade whizzing through the air and colliding with Mauls crimson blade. They were at a stalemate. Aden lifted his hand out and pulled one of Ahsoka's blades from her hand and ripped it under him, slicing through Mauls abdomen. Mauls eyes widened and he staggered backwards while clenching his stomach.

" You... Damn, insolent child. " Maul muttered.

Aden smirked as he held both blades. Maul stared at him with hatred in his golden eyes.

" Go ahead.. Kill me. If you even have the balls, 𝐊𝐢𝐝. " Maul growled, his breath labored. Aden swung blitzed forward, his black blade zipping in the air. Maul fell to the ground, his head rolling to the side as he died. Aden switched off the blade and handed Ahsoka's blade back to her. Ahsoka pulled Aden towards her and kissed him with an almost sadistic smirk on her face.

" Not bad... Lord Sidious will be pleased. " Ahsoka said.

" He better be. " Aden muttered, looking at Mauls body.

" What's wrong? " Ahsoka asked.

" Just... Wondering why Sidious would want him dead. He fights good. Couldn't he use a warrior like that? It seems like a waste of a good soldier. " Aden said.

" Who cares? It means less competition for us. " Ahsoka smirked as she glanced at Mauls body. " Now.. Why don't we head back to the ship and... 𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞~? " Ahsoka asked with a flirty tone. Aden smirked and the two left the Zabrak brothers there to rot in the throne room...