Chapter VII

Anakin and Ahsoka had pushed the droids back into the main facilities. Aden came rushing in, informing the two Jedi of Obi-Wan fighting Grievous alone.

" You two Padawans take care of this, I'm going to go help Obi-Wan! " Anakin said, running off.
Ahsoka just rolled her eyes and Aden sighed before turning around to the battle in front of them. A hooded figure had jumped down about twenty feet in front of them, two lightsaber hills in hand.

" Ventress... " Aden muttered, reactivating his sapphire lightsaber.

" Aden! What a pleasant surprise! I see there is no Skywalker or Kenobi to protect you this time. " Ventress said, pulling her hood down.

" If I remember correctly, you were losing. You ran like the coward you are. " Aden said, slowly spinning his lightsaber.

" Ran because I was losing? No. Ran because I needed to stall for time? Yes. " Ventress said, igniting both of her crimson blades.

" Anyone want to fill me in on the bald harpy? " Ahsoka asked, looking over at Aden.

" She's Dookus little pet. An assassin with little skill. " Aden said.

" Now, that wasn't very nice Youngling! You should really learn to respect your elders. " Ventress said, dashing forward. Ahsoka and Aden dashed forward as well, colliding blades amidst blaster fire from opposing sides. Ventress spun around and began her offensive, taking the grace of Makashi and the aggressive nature of Jar'Kai. She was quick, and the two Padawans were just barely able to keep up. Aden deflected a swing as Ahsoka swung, forcing Ventress to spin backwards to avoid the swing. Ventress snarled and leaped forward, kicking Ahsoka into a wall and spinning around, catching Aden off-guard. Aden gasped as the crimson blade cut across his chest, sending him back. His vision turned blurry, a haze of colors. His ears rang loudly, the sound of Ashoka's scream mixed with the blaster fire from opposing sides. Pain seared in his chest but also... His arm?