Chapter III

The Rishi outpost had been destroyed in order to warn the Republic of an imminent attack from Separatist forces. Now with the station gone, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Padawan, Aden Voss, have been assigned to defending Kamino after rumors of another attack on the cloning facilities.
𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽
Kamino was a large water-world with huge cities towering above their oceans. It was also home to the Republic Cloning Facilities, and if it were to be destroyed by the Separatists, it would most likely mean the war would end, and the Republic would fall. Aden Voss and his Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, were now on Kamino to aid Jedi Master Shaak Ti in the defense of the planet.

" When is an attack suspected to begin? " Aden asked, looking across a holo-table at Master Ti.

" I'm not quite sure. Intelligence suggests that Grievous will attempt a full scale siege on Tipoca City within the next 30 cycles. That gives us up to a month to prepare for a possible full-scale invasion. " Shaak Ti replied, studying the holo-map of Tipoca City and the surrounding ocean.

" Has intelligence indicated where in the capital or how he might begin such an invasion? Their isn't a way for him to attack by water, and we have three separate fleets ready for any sort of aerial assault. Plus, the city has been armed with an excessive amount of anti-tank and anti-aircraft turrets. I just don't see how he could launch a successful assault. " Aden said, pointing out the numerous city defenses.

" What makes you think he couldn't attack by water? If he breaks our aerial defense lines, he could easily deploy multiple invasions, on land, air, and sea. " Master Kenobi said, stroking his beard and looking at Aden.

" Even if he did break through the orbital fleets and our secondary wave of fighters, he'd lose most of his troops before he got to the city. On top of that, he'd be limited to battle droids since tanks would be way to vulnerable on the thin bridges. " Aden said, pointing out various points where tanks would be forced to a halt because of the bridges.

" I don't see a flaw in the Padawans train of thought, Master Kenobi. What do you think? " Master Ti asked.

" While it seems logical, you never know what could happen in a battle with Grievous leading it. He may go for an all-out frontal assault. He never has been one for surprise. " Master Kenobi commented, pulling up a chart of the Republic fleets in orbit.

" Do you really think he would take on 18 Venator-Class Destroyers? The new model has been crippling droid war ships left and right. On top of that, but the Air Force each one holds is massive. " Aden asked, looking at the Venators.

" I'm not quite sure to be honest. Grievous wouldn't attack if he wasn't confident in his abilities to break through or cripple our fleets. Plus, with this possibly being the biggest battle in the war, he might divert thousands if not millions of troops into the capture or destruction of the planet. I'm afraid we may need to divert both Jedi generals and more clones to Tipoca and the surrounding cities. " Master Kenobi stated.

" Our generals are spread thin... What about General Skywalker and his Padawan? They are only a few systems away dealing with Separatist attacks. I've heard they've pushed the droid forces back towards their entry points. " Master Shaak Ti suggested. Aden looked over at his master, who was still thinking. He wanted to see Ahsoka so badly, but he was trying his best not to show it.

" I suppose it's the best we've got right now. I'll call General Skywalker and catch him up on things, Aden, I expect you to finish you lightsaber training within the next hour. You've been slacking since we got to Kamino. " Obi-Wan teased, which got a glare from Aden. Shaak Ti just smiled as she left the room to attend to her usual routine services around the facility. Aden made his way towards a small training ground that had been set up for the Jedi generals in between possible battles and maintenance and such. He ignited his sapphire blade from his lightsaber and took a form V stance in combat, having studied Anakin's variant a bit after the battle of Christophsis. Two small blaster training droids made their way out of a supply crate and begin firing harmless blaster bolts at the young Jedi. Who began deflecting them in random directions. As he began to deflect the blaster fire, images flashed through his head. Possibilities of events that hadn't even happened. His mind wandered everywhere, from the idea of being with Ahsoka, to what the end of the Clone Wars could mean, to what losing Kamino would mean in the long-term. Ahsoka... It haunted him. He wanted to tell her how he felt, he wanted to be with her, he didn't care about the Code or how other Jedi might see him but... How would Ahsoka react? She probably wouldn't ever love him the same way he loved her. It drove him insane, and every time he saw her, he had become slightly more distant. In a moment of raw emotion, he used the Force to speed himself up and slice both of the droids in two before tossing them across the room. Tears slowly slid down his cheeks before he quickly wiped them away as the door opened up behind him.

" Aden, I've informed Skywalker and Tano of our need for their troops and aid, and they will be here within 5 rotations. " Obi-Wan said, walking up to his Padawan, who's back was turned to him.

" Well that's good... Their back up will be quite helpful in our upcoming battle. " Aden said, his back still turned towards his master. He was trying his best not to cry or show any sort of emotion in front of Obi-Wan, but it was hard.

" Aden? Are you alright? " Obi-Wan asked, placing his hand on his Padawans shoulder. Aden just barely looked at his master, and Obi-Wan could see his student attempting to hold back something.

" I'm.. Fine, master. I need... I need to finish my training " Aden said, looking away. Obi-Wan looked up and saw the two sliced droids laying in pieces. Obi-Wan was silent for a moment as he tried to feel his Padawan through the Force, but all he felt was pain and confusion.

" Aden... You can't hide how you feel from me. What's bothering you? " Obi-Wan asked, turning his Padawan towards him. Aden was still looking away as he tried to wipe his face.
" I can't talk about it- I just... I can't. " Aden was barely keeping himself together, and before Obi-Wan could speak, Aden knocked his hand away and walked past him out of the room. A look of worry stretched across his face as he stroked his beard, curious as to what was effecting his student so deeply...