Chapter II

Sapphire and emerald clashed again and again, a flurry of strikes and slashes gliding through the air. Back and forth, Aden and Ahsoka would trade blows, ducking and weaving in between quick strikes. Aden swept under a quick strike from Ahsoka, knocking her off her feet. She quickly recovered before he had a chance to strike down but was knocked back by a quick strike as she recovered. Aden kept up the barrage, not giving his opponent the chance to recover. She continued trying to get away but he kept up with her perfectly. He knocked her back and held the blade at her throat.

" Do you yield? " Aden asked, looking down at his friend.

" Never! " Ahsoka swept at his feet but he jumped back quickly. She took the offensive this time, using twists and spins to avoid strikes left and right. Ahsoka slammed her blade downward off a spin, landing just in front of Aden as she crossed pushed her saber down. Aden forced it to the side and landed a kick to her stomach, forcing her back a bit. She switched to a defensive yet again, blocking multiple quick strikes. Aden followed up the third strike with a heavy slam from the left, knocking her blade out of her hand. He held his blade to her neck once more, still looking right into her eyes.

" Do you yield, Ahsoka Tano? " Aden asked once more, to which the Togrutan nodded. He pulled her lightsaber to his hand and helped her up before handing it to her.

" Not to bad... Although I was pretty tired so I wasn't really trying. " Ahsoka said, faking a yawn. Aden just rolled his eyes.

" It appears I can never beat you at full power all the sudden, can I Snips? " Aden said jokingly. Ahsoka just chuckled as she dusted herself off.

" You wanna go grab some lunch now? I could use something to eat after not trying in our fight. " Ahsoka said, faking another yawn. Aden just sighed in defeat and followed her out of the training room. They made their way towards the mess hall, and grabbed the same usual lunch that they often had since the war started a few weeks prior. It was more of a breakfast type lunch, but at this point food was food. They walked to some seats in the corner of the mess hall and sat down to begin eating.

" So Ahsoka, how's your first week with Anakin been? " Aden asked, taking a bite of his lunch.

" He's a tough Master, but he knows what he's doing. I'm not sure why he doesn't like teaching, he's good at it. " Ahsoka replied, also taking a bite.

" Well, I've heard he's quite skilled for a Jedi Knight. I think he'll be a fine teacher for you. " Aden said, shooting Ahsoka a small smile.

" What about you? Has Obi-Wan been a good teacher so far? " Ahsoka asked.

" He has. Although, he is pretty 'to the code.' Although I guess to become a High Council member you'd have to be. " Aden said, continuing to eat.

" Well, I'm surprised he survived training Anakin. When Anakin has a plan he goes for it, even though the council doesn't always back up his idea. " Ahsoka said, chuckling a bit. Aden just smiled again as he finished up his food. Ahsoka quickly followed, the both of them disposing of their trays and heading out of the mess hall. They began walking through the long halls of the Jedi temple, talking about random events that have been going on this past week on multiple worlds. As they approached their rooms, Aden invited Ahsoka into his so they could continue talking. They continued to chat, and Aden caught himself constantly staring at Ahsoka. He tried his best not to think about the idea of a possible relationship or attachment beyond friendship, but it was driving him crazy.

'Come on Aden, you know attachment is forbidden... You'd lose your chance at becoming a Jedi... But... No, damn it.' Aden was at war with himself in his head, and his sudden silence drew a look of confusion from Ahsoka.

" Aden? Are you okay? " Ahsoka asked, looking at Aden. Aden snapped back to reality as he looked at his friend and gave her a seemingly real smile.

" Oh yeah I'm fine, I was just... Thinking of something Obi-Wan mentioned. " Aden lied, looking back at Ahsoka.

'I love those beautiful blue eyes- NO, NO! You're a Jedi, get your act together!' Aden thought to himself. The two Padawans continued to talk for a few more hours before dinner, which for Aden meant skipping dinner to go to the library and study Force Abilities. While he had put most of his time into studying lightsaber combat and learning new skills in combat, he had recently learned of some advanced Force Abilities used by Jedi Knights to increase their physical attributes, which could help in a combat scenario. Aden would go on to the library while Ahsoka met up with Anakin for dinner, studying abilities like Force Acrobatics and Force Leap...