Chapter XXIII

Windu's eyes widened in shock as a golden blade pierced into his chest. He gasped slightly as he looked down at Aden, who had jabbed his pike into the Master of the Order.

" I hate you. " Aden muttered, his eyes flickering between their glacier white and a light golden yellow under his helmet. He switched off the blade as Windu held his hand up to his chest, falling to his knees in pain. Aden put his lightsaber back on his belt as he looked down at the Jedi Master, his eyes showing no hint of remorse.

Good, good work. Now all you have to do is finish him. From there... You are free from the chains of the Jedi Code.

Aden grabbed his curved hilt off of his belt and ignited the orange blade, holding it at his side.

" Any last words? " Aden asked, his voice cold and distant.

" You will be stopped... I tried to help you. " Windu muttered, gasping for air.

" And you failed. You die... A failure. " Aden said, lifting his blade up.

" And you continue to live as one. " Windu retorted. Aden flared with anger momentarily and cut through the air with his lightsaber, removing Windu's head from his body. Aden stared at the Jedi's body for a moment before looking at himself as reality kicked in. He dropped his saber and held his head.

" No, no, no, NO! " Aden said to himself.

Find Ahsoka. Convince her to join you. Only you can keep you two together. Once you have, you know where to look for me.

Aden sighed as he pulled his lightsaber to his hand and clipped it to his belt. He was lucky he was in a part of the temple with no cameras, and it was away from most training grounds or places where other Jedi might typically be. He quietly left the room, acting as casual as he could. He had done it. He had killed who he hated and while it scared him for a moment, the thrill of it overwhelmed him. The power in his hands felt good, like it was meant and shaped to him specifically. He could use this and learn to be from the Jedi, to live freely with Ahsoka. He knew she would go with him willingly if he stated he was leaving the order, and he now had a place they could look to continue their training in the Force. Assuming he wasn't going mental of course. He walked to Ahsoka's room and knocked on the door, and she opened it, smiling widely as she hugged Aden and pulled him inside.

" You said you were gonna be here an hour ago, I was getting worried! " Ahsoka said. Aden was silent as he sat on Ahsoka's bed.

" Aden? Oh farrik, what happened with Obi-Wan? " She asked. Aden began telling her a quick like he made up on the way to her room, talking about how Obi-Wan tried to help him and how Master Windu ( which he had talked to prior ) had attempted to kick him from the Order because he couldn't figure out an effective way to deal with his visions and emotions during a time of war and darkness. Ahsoka was shocked, not because she thought Aden was lying, but because Windu was so quick to be willing to cast him out of the order instead of trying to help him. Of course this was a lie, but Ahsoka had no reason not to trust Aden.

" Ahsoka... I'm leaving the Order. And once I do, I'm not coming back. " Aden said. Ahsoka looked at him, a look of shock and concern once again spreading across her face.

" But- what about Anakin? Or Obi-Wan? How will they react to you leaving? " Ahsoka asked.

" Im fine with them being a bit hurt by it. Do I like hurting them? No. But I can't stay here any longer. Those two of all the Jedi here would understand when the time comes to see them again. " Aden said, sighing as he put his head into his hands. Ahsoka sighed as well before she pulled him into a hug off the bed.

" When do we leave? " Ahsoka asked.

" I'm not about to let you leave- " Aden began to say, but Ahsoka covered his mouth.

" Don't even try to convince me to stay here. We stay together and we go together. That's the plan, and I really don't care if you agree or not, because I'm not leaving you and I'm not letting you leave me. " Ahsoka said. Aden sighed, going along with it, of course already knowing he had her from their last conversation on this topic. Ahsoka began to pack and Aden went to his room to pack as well, planning to leave under the cover of night...