Chapter XXVI

Maul slowly paced around the two Sith apprentices, his crimson blade glowing. His brother, Savage Opress, stood his ground by the throne, his twin crimson blades illuminating the surrounding area. Ahsoka ignited both of her crimson blades as she watched Savage, while Aden ignited his black blade and watched Maul. Aden watched carefully while Ahsoka engaged Savage, swinging the blades with grace and agility. While Ahsoka dueled Savage, Maul kept circling Aden.

" Sidious has lost his sanity if he thinks two little brats will defeat us. " Maul hisses out.
Aden glares at him and dashes forward, his blade swinging in a wide arch. Maul falls to one knee and blocks, pushing Aden over him. Aden lands and spins around with a quick swing. Maul meets it and the two are in a saber-lock. Maul is still the physically stronger of the two and pushes with all his might, forcing Aden to spin away and reset. Maul has the speed and stamina, but Aden has the acrobatics and agility to match him. Maul snarled and attacked, using a quick pattern of strikes with Ataru to keep Aden on the defensive. On the other side of the room, Savage was on a defensive as Ahsoka kept up a barrage of Jar'Kai and Ataru against him, her blades moving at high speed. Savage, while less experienced and skilled than Maul, still kept up well, twirling and spinning his twin blades to block each strike and jab. Savage found an opening and swung to the side, forcing Ahsoka to duck and jump away. Aden ducked as Ahsoka landed and swung over him at Maul, catching Maul off guard and forcing him away. Ahsoka then ran back towards Savage as Aden used this chance to take the offensive. He swung precise and heavy, his use of Djem So beating back Maul's defensive Ataru blocks. Maul kept blocking, finding no place to counter or parry his opponents attacks. Maul growled and jumped away, but Aden dashed towards him. He wouldn't give Maul time to catch a breath. Maul kept blocking. Despite having high energy, he wasn't expecting to have to give his all in fighting what he considered children. Meanwhile, Ahsoka parried a move from Savage and jabbed one of her blades through his leg. Savage helped in pain and used the Force to push Ahsoka away as he gripped his wound. Ahsoka landed gracefully and didn't give him a chance to recover. Savage looked forward and was met with a crimson blade slashing upward across his face. Savage fell backward, holding his burnt scar. Maul yelled out for his brother and knocked Aden away. Maul ran to his brother's side, but not before being slammed into his throne room chair as Ahsoka and Aden used the Force together to knock him back. Maul dropped his saber and rolled down the small steps in front of his throne.

" Ahsoka, finish the large brute. " Aden said. And Ahsoka nodded. Ahsoka lifted one of her blades and swung downward, ending Savage's life. Maul howled out in pain and pulled both his and his brother's blade to his hand, igniting both twin blades. He spun them together fluidly as Ahsoka and Aden stood across from him. Now Maul was beyond pissed...