Chapter XVIII

" Ahsoka. After this investigation, I... I plan on leaving the Order. " Aden said. Ahsoka's face slowly shifted to shock. Aden looked away and walked over to a bench, and Ahsoka followed.

" You want to leave the Order?! " Ahsoka exclaimed before Aden quickly covered her mouth to hush her. Aden sighed and let go of her mouth as she continued to stare at him with shock and hurt.

" You're going to leave me behind? " Ahsoka asked.

" Ahsoka, I-... I think it's a decision that will help me. Maybe I could even just take a mission that will last a long time, something that will take me far from this Code and council. " Aden suggested. Ahsoka sighed and paused before looking up at him again.

" If you leave, I'm going with you. " Ahsoka said. Adens eyes widened as he tried to protest but Ahsoka hushed him.

" There's no buts. We stay here together, we leave together. Either way, I'm going to be with you. End of story. " Ahsoka said.

" You shouldn't sacrifice your place as a Jedi for me Ahsoka. You have a bright future here. I don't. " Aden said.

" Aden, I don't care whether I stay here or not. And what the farrik makes you think you don't belong here? Is being a Knight before anyone else not a clear sign of that? " Ahsoka asked.

" Every time I look around at my peers, I see them judging me. They judge me because they don't think or believe I'm ready for the ranking of a Knight or a Temple Guard. They look at me as if I'm going down the path of Dooku because I chose to use Makashi over Djem So like I did as a Padawan. I'm isolated because of my injury and how I look now. The code is so damn restrictive and I just... Don't want to be here anymore. " Aden said. As he finished talking, his wrist communicator went off. Ahsoka motioned for him to answer so he did.

" Aden, are you there? " The voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi came through from the other end.

" Yes Master, I hear you. " Aden replied.

" Good. I need you to meet me in the hanger bay. We have a lead on the bombing. " Obi-Wan said.

" Very well, I'll head there immediately. Aden out. " Aden said, switching his communicator off.

" We can talk about this later. Meet me in my room... " Aden said. Ahsoka simply nodded and left while Aden packed his things and sent a message to Caleb informing him that they'd have to push studying to tomorrow...