Chapter XV

The voices rang out, over and over again. The sounds of lightsabers colliding echoed outward in his head.

" YOU WERE MY BROTHER ANAKIN! "

" MASTER! "

" Soon it will be your turn to choose. Will you be able to make the right choice when that time comes? "

" To bring balance to the Force? "

" To destroy. "

" ANAKIN NO! "

" I AM THE SENATE! "

HE IS TOO POWERFUL TO BE LEFT
ALIVE! "

" I NEED HIM! "

" Join us. Together, we can bring peace and you will no longer be bound to a flawed code... "

" You can stop this. "

" I can help you... I can fix you. "

" No longer will you be held by your chains... Let yourself be... Free. "

Aden sat up, his breathing heavy, with sweat dripping down his face. He dropped his head into his hands before getting up and walking across the room to the refresher. He splashed some cold water on his face and looked at himself in the mirror. His eyes were as white as the glaciers on Hoth, his skin not far behind with its small hints of gray. Around his eyes, the skin looked almost sunken. There were dark circles under them like he had barely slept in days. The same dream had plagued him for almost a week, with blurry images and voices going back and forth. He had just finished Baylans training and had approved him for his trials. He was 16, and he already felt like he was done with life. The visions never seemed to end. He was scared to talk to anyone about it, as he was already looked at as... Different. His skin after the burn heals and his mechanical arm made him seem outlandish to the younglings and Padawans. They whispered about him through as he passed by. The Masters looked down on him since he had decided to forgo his general status for a ranking status as a Temple Centurion along with his use of Makashi. He was tired. Tired of the war, tired of the Code, tired of the judgement, tired of the Council, and tired of the order as a whole. He only stayed so he could see Ahsoka, but he sometimes wondered if he should just walk away. Let Ahsoka stay and become the Jedi Master he knew she'd become while he disappeared from the face of the galaxy. As he walked back to his main room, his com-link sounded, with a small green light blinking on the side. He pulled it to his hand with the Force and turned it on. 

" Aden, come before the Council, you must. An emergency, it is. " The voice of Master Yoda commanded from the other end. Aden said he'd come as soon as possible and quickly got into his Temple robes, attaching his belt onto belt right before he left. He made his way to the Council chambers, where Anakin and Ahsoka awaited as well.

" Young Aden. We've called you up here because we need you to lead a security task force into the Temples lower-hangers and investigate an explosion. We believe the hangers had an attempted bombing, and we need you to less point along with Anakin and his Padawan. " Master Windu said. Aden simply nodded, not exactly wishing to have any conversation with the Deputy Grandmaster.

" Solve what is behind this attack, you must. More importantly, find out who. " Master Yoda said. Aden nodded once more and bowed along Anakin and Ahsoka before the trio made their way out of the council chambers.

" I'll bring a few of the guards to help the investigation and send over a TZ-L droid to help with forensic scanning. " Aden said.

" Very well. Me and Ahsoka will begin the investigation. Get over to us as soon as possible. " Anakin said. Aden nodded and kissed Ahsoka on the cheek before getting off the elevator to gather the other guards...