Chapter XI

" On behalf of the entire Jedi Council, Jedi Padawan Aden Voss, you have passed your final trial to Knighthood, and have become the youngest Knight in 200 years. With this new rank comes greater trials, greater risks, and greater rewards. There is only one thing left to discuss... " Master Windu said.

" And that is? " Aden asked.

" Due to you being a Temple Guard Initiate, in order to go any further than the rank of Temple Centurion, you must train a Padawan. After training a Padawan, you can be granted the rank of both Jedi Master and Temple Sentinel. From there, any and all rankings are open to you. " Master Windu said. Aden gulped slightly, with the idea of training a student who would probably be close to his age somewhat scary.

" We have a Padawan named Baylan Skoll. He was recently the Padawan to Coleman Trebor, but Master Trebor was shot down on Geonosis almost a year ago. Baylan has since not had a master, and we think someone his age may fit him better. While he is slightly older than you, he respects rank, so do not worry about the age gap. " Master Mundi said, smiling. Aden smiled back, worried about the task being laid out before him.

" Meet him tomorrow in the gardens, you shall. First thing in the morning, you will. Train him well, we believe you will. " Master Yoda said, smiling. Aden thanked the council once more before walking out with his master.

" Thank you, Master. Your training has helped me get to this point. I can't thank you enough. " Aden said, smiling. Obi-Wan shot him a warm smile, the pair of Master and Apprentice walking through the temple.

" It's been less than a year, and yet you have far surpassed any expectation I held for you up to this point in time. You have become wise, compassionate, and stronger than I ever imagined a Jedi to be at such a young age. You have quickly become a Jedi many can aspire to be my young Padawan. I wish you the best in your training of young Skoll. " Obi-Wan said, smiling as he walked off. Aden smiled as he headed to his room. He walked in, getting tackled onto the bed by Ahsoka.

" Guess who's back! " Ahsoka said, smiling excitedly.

" Ahsoka? " Aden asked, smiling as he kissed Ashoka's forehead. Ahsoka chuckled as she adjusted on his lap.

" So, someone's become a Jedi Knight already? " Ahsoka asked, smiling.

" Well you sure found out quickly didn't you? " Aden asked.

" Anakin told me while I was walking to your room to surprise you! " Ahsoka said, smiling as she kissed Aden. Aden kissed her back, the two enjoying their time together. Ahsoka broke the kiss after a few moments and smiled, looking down at her boyfriend.

" Hey Ahsoka, there's something else that I'll be doing along with my rank of Jedi Knight! " Aden said excitedly.

" And what would that be? " Ahsoka asked.

" Well, since I'm now a Knight, I have officially joined the ranks of the Temple Guards. I'll be able to study the Code in depth, and maybe I can even find a way around the Code so we don't have to hide our- " Aden was cut off by Ahsoka placing her finger on his mouth.

" Aden, even if we got around the Code, you know we will be looked down upon. As much as I wish we could be out in the open, away from the stress of hiding it from everyone, we just... We can't. You could be kicked from the Order! You've achieved a rank very few get before 20 or 25, and you've joined the ranks of some of the most elite Knights and Masters the Order has... I don't want our relationship to ruin what you've achieved. Don't waste all of this potential on this... On us. " Ahsoka said, her voice somewhat shaky.

" Ashoka I-... I don't care about the position, or the rank, not nearly as much as I care about us! About our relationship! I'll gladly leave the Order if it means I can be with you. " Aden said, trying his best to smile.

" Aden, you know I'd do the same thing, but I don't want you to give up all you've accomplished for me. Our relationship isn't worth it. It isn't worth all that you've been able to do in this short amount of time. " Ahsoka said. Aden paused and stared at her blankly, wrapping his head around what she just said.

Our relationship isn't worth it.

" What? " Aden asked blankly. Ahsoka looked at him, slightly confused.

" Our relationship isn't worth it to you?.... " Aden asked, his eyes full of pain and confusion. Ashoka's eyes widened as she realized what she said.

" A-Aden, I didn't mean to- I thought- I wanted to word it differently- " Ahsoka was cut off by Aden.

" Get out... " Aden said quietly, holding back tears.

" W-What? " Ahsoka said, looking down at Aden.

" Ahsoka... Get out. " Aden said, his voice dry, and full of hurt. Ahsoka gulped and got up from him, her eyes filling with tears. Ahsoka quickly ran out of the room as tears began to roll down Aden's cheeks.

Our relationship isn't worth it...