Chapter XXI

Aden knocked on Obi-Wan's door, and waited for his master to answer. Obi-Wan opened the door and smiled as he looked down at Aden.

" Well, isn't this a pleasant surprise? " Master Kenobi said, stepping aside to let Aden in. Aden smiled softly as he walked in and sat in a chair. Obi-Wan shut his door and than sat across from his former Padawan.

" How can I help you Aden? You haven't come to visit me privately since you took Baylan as your apprentice. " Obi-Wan said.

" I've come to talk to you about some visions I've been having. Possibilities I see play out in my head of events that haven't happened yet. "
Aden said. Obi-Wan stroked his beard for a moment before responding.

" Visions? How long has this been going on? " Obi-Wan asked.

" since I had just become a Knight. Everything changed so quickly. I got a Padawan immediately, I changed forms hoping it would help me, but instead all I received was backlash. The emotions are overwhelming and when I begin to feel like I'm being overwhelmed, that's when they happen. " Aden said. Obi-Wan thought to himself as Aden spoke.

" What are these visions of? People? Places? Events? " Obi-Wan questioned.

" Voices. The voices of people I know and the voices of two I don't. They are dark voices. " Aden said.

" What do they say? " Obi-Wan asked, a look of slight concern on his face.

" They mostly present me with a choice of some kind. An offer almost. Something about being stuck in the past or allowing myself to be remade into something better. " Aden said. Obi-Wan thought for a moment once more, studying Aden.

" Aden, I don't particularly have much knowledge when it comes to visions. The best thing I can recommend is for you to meditate on it. Focus on it, to try and follow it to some sort of source. I believe that will help you quote a bit. " Obi-Wan suggested.

" What if we sparred instead? " Aden asked. Obi-Wan was admittedly caught off guard by this as a puzzled expression crossed his face.

" It seems that whenever I've sparred against anyone my emotions get heightened. If they're heightened, chances are I might see pieces of information as we fight. " Aden said. Obi-Wan chuckled, standing up as he grabbed his lightsaber off of his desk beside him.

" If you believe it will work, than we can try. "
Obi-Wan said. Aden smiled softly and followed his master out of his room. They made their way to a training ground. Obi-Wan walked to one side of the training grounds. Aden walked to the other and grabbed his curved hilt off of his belt. Obi-Wan mimicked this, grabbing his standard hilt and ignited the sapphire blade from within it, holding the blade in front of him. Aden raised an eyebrow, noticing that his Masters stance mimicked that of Ataru. Aden held the hilt of his weapon upward and ignited the golden blade. He spun it once as he brought it down to his side, holding one hand behind his back. Obi-Wan stepped forward and swung his blade, having it deflected by a quick smack of his students saber. Obi-Wan swung twice, both being evaded before Aden's golden blade slammed downward, pinning his blade into the ground. Aden spun his blade and used his strength to his advantage, slamming it into Obi-Wans blade to knock it aside. Obi-Wan quickly recovered his blade and spun his blade in a huge arch to block a jab from Aden. Aden swung his blade right after the swing, forcing Obi-Wan to spin backwards to evade. Aden took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he moved his blade back to his side. Obi-Wan switched back to Soresu, shifting his blade into a comfortable grip by his head. Aden moved the blade into both hands and slowly lifted it above his head.

They judge you. The whole council does and you know it. Who knows who you can trust? Can you even trust your master? Give in. Let go of the code and let your emotions flow freely.

The voice echoed in his head. Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow before quickly flicking his wrist forward to block a quick strike, followed by a heavy deflection to avoid a slam from Aden. Aden had switched into a complete offensive. His attacks were heavier, but focused. Obi-Wan felt anger begin to roll of Aden in waves, throwing off Kenobi momentarily. Aden continued to strike, his form almost completely mirroring the Vaapad training regiment Mace Windu had been practicing when Obi-Wan had gone to talk to him a few months prior. But something was off. The movements, the spins and twists, the way his blade seamlessly flowed through the air and into his combat... Aden was completely mimicking Master Windu's Vaapad. Obi-Wan didn't know how it was possible, but it was made evident by the darker emotions emerging from Aden. His eyes were still closed, and to Aden, he didn't even know he was still fighting. He thought he was still standing in position about to go on the offensive.

Yes. Let it flow through you and into your blade. Let your anger and your fear and your resentment be a fuel for you to become what you are truly meant to be.

What am I meant to be? If not a Jedi, than what?

My Apprentice.

Two glowing golden eyes with a fiery ring of orange in the center glowed in his vision as Aden spun around and slammed his blade against Obi-Wans, knocking it out of his hands. Obi-Wan was shocked by the change in his student. Aden suddenly stopped and opened his eyes, looking up at Kenobi. His blade flowed a deep orange, tainted with an awakening to the Dark Side that actually startled Obi-Wan deeply.

" Aden... What did you see? " Obi-Wan asked. Aden explained, leaving out the part about someone wanting him as their apprentice. Aden himself was scared and confused, not sure what had happened and what it meant.

" Give me a few days to think on this and I will come get you to talk. " Obi-Wan said, putting his hand on his shoulder as Aden switched his orange blade off. He clipped his hilt to his belt and guided Aden out of the room. Outside the room, a hooded figure watched from a ventilation system. A voice whispered out into a com-link.

" It's begun, my Master. The boy has tainted his lightsaber. He's been awoken tor the possibilities of the Dark Side. " The hooded figure said.

" Good, good. I need him to face a true test. A test to determine just how far he will push himself. Finish out the plan with the other Padawan. Let us see what he will do when faced with the ultimate decision... "