Your Boss

Chan smiled at both you and Hyunjin, disregarding the tension in the room. He squeezed himself between you and Hyunjin, resting his arms on your shoulders. "I forgot to mention, but you look really nice today." he complimented, causing Hyunjin to scoff and push Chan's arm off him before storming away. Chan removed his other arm from your shoulder and laughed, sitting with his hands intertwined between his knees, slightly slouched, while keeping his gaze fixed on the TV.

"So... What happened in here?" he asked, a chuckle escaping his lips as his shoulders relaxed. You thought to yourself that he must have realized the situation.

"Oh, um... Felix and Hyunjin had a bit of a conflict," you replied, feeling a bit nervous. Chan was acting quite differently from what you had expected.

"Felix has changed a bit. He seems more agitated. Jeongin has changed too. I guess they're finally growing up," Chan observed, looking at you. "They're not cute little kids anymore, huh?" He gave a small smile before looking away.

"You have lip tint on your forehead," he mentioned. Your face immediately reddened, and you attempted to wipe it away.

"It's a tint, so don't bother. Hyunjin pecked you, huh?" Chan remarked, and you stayed quiet, confirming his assumption. You also thought back to Hyunjin, finally understanding why his lips always appeared naturally red.

"I'm surprised he didn't go further. He's such a player, so I suppose that's why Felix got mad." Chan continued, laughing between sentences. His comments began to shed light on the situation. It was remarkable how quickly Chan could piece things together. Well, he was the leader for a reason.

After a moment of silence, except for the sound coming from the TV, Chan stood up and looked at you. "Sorry about how strict the rules are. I just need to keep you safe," he explained, turning to you with a soft smile.

"I have plans for you, though. Want to work?" Your eyes widened in surprise. Work? You couldn't imagine yourself working in the Mafia, and wouldn't that put you in more danger? Chan smiled, sensing your panic.

"Chill, mate. You're not going to be in the Mafia. That would ruin the purpose of having all those shit stupid rules," he reassured you. You started to calm down after his explanation.

"All you have to do is track our men, answer us when we ask for locations, and notify us when someone is down. Since we're out of the office, JYP told us to find someone else to do this work. No one wants to stay home and watch a screen all day. I'll even pay you."

You pondered his offer for a moment, but before you could voice your questions, Chan preemptively answered them. "I know you're not allowed to use technology without permission, but the laptop you'll be given can only show our location, and the phone is only wired to call me. You'd have to be as smart as Seungmin to even figure out how to change the batteries, let alone contact someone else. Oh, no offense," he added with a playful pun. You chuckled at his remark, realizing the limited functionality of the devices.

As you contemplated whether to accept his offer, Chan provided further encouragement. " Your pay will allow you to online shop whatever you wish. You already did it with Changbin, so with some personal cash you can get whatever you wish without any guilt. And by the way, your stuff will be here tomorrow," he added, smiling and patting your back before walking away.

"So, I'm free from that room?" you muttered to yourself, realizing you hadn't been scolded to return. You haven't been scolded to go back. You smiled and continued the show.

***

You slowly opened your eyes, greeted by the touch of cold fingers on your forehead. "Ah, morning," a soft voice greeted you, and you saw Han leaning in towards you.