Home Sweet Home?

You felt a surge of ecstasy as you pulled up to the familiar building. Your face lit up with the biggest smile, and excitement made your body bounce slightly.

Exiting the car, you couldn't contain your exhilaration and ran towards the house. "Finally!" you exclaimed, overcome with gratitude, and sank to your knees.
A gentle touch on your shoulder made you look up to meet Chan's warm gaze. "Ya like it here that much?" he smiled, extending his hand to help you up.

"Way, way, wayyy better than that other place," the words slipped out, and you immediately regretted mentioning it.
"Let's get you inside and cleaned up, darling." Chan said, guiding you into the house while comforting you with a comforting hand on your back.

You first arrived in the horrid medical room, in which your wound was quickly examined and mended once again as it was quickly stitched up in the car with some pain meds. It wasn't as painful there as you had adrenaline as your natural pain killer. But now it was absolutely dreadful as the cleaning solution caused your scar to bubble up and burn. Chan stood by your side to comfort you, and it oddly did  ease the intense pain.
After you were finished and it was sure to be safe you leave, you got bandaged up with waterproof bandages and sent back out with Chan.

Your head hung low as you walked, the memories of how you got such a painful scar hitting your already tortured brain. You kept trying to think of something else to ease your mind, but Chan's words brought you right back to the cruel memories.
"Are you okay, hun?" Chan whispered in a sweet voice as he walked you towards your room. Lost in your thoughts once again, it took you some time to realize you were eventually sitting on your bed with Chan.

"Hun?" Chan gently tilted your face to meet his concerned eyes. Unbeknownst to you, tears had silently fallen.

"I..." Struggling to articulate your feelings, you felt overwhelmed by the events of the day. Chan hugged you, ignoring all the blood transferring onto him. He ignored the metallic smell you held and your messy hair. All he saw was you, ignoring what wasn't a part of you. And this broke you.
You Sobbed in Chan's arms, remembering everything that just happened that day. You felt disgusting, scared, dirty, and so many other things. But beyond more, you seemed so shocked that it all happened.
"I'm sorry. None of that should have happened, and you have every right to feel how you feel right now. We will never let this happen again, I promise. You don't deserve any of this. We should have been there." Chan's reassurances brought more tears, but his words began to soothe you from you previous emotions.
"It's not your fault. None of this is, so never blame yourself. You're doing well." His words provided some solace. Or perhaps, it was just his company that comforted you? His whole being allowed you to relax and sort your mind out so easily for the first time in your life. You loved this feeling while sitting beside him, but at the same time, it gave you another emotion with a bit more complexity to sort out.

You held onto him tightly, tears drying on your face as you leaned against his chest, listening to the soft rhythm of his heartbeat. After a while, Chan stood up.
"Wanna get washed up? I'll stay here to keep you safe if you want," Chan offered.
You smiled at Chan. "It's okay, you don't have to stay."
He nodded, speaking after standing up and reaching your door. "You're not a burden."

In the shower, you watched the red water fall into the drain with Chan's words replaying in your head like a soothing mantra. "You're not a burden." It was a label you had always given yourself, feeling like an obstacle for others. As you got dressed and finished freshening up, you couldn't shake the thoughts.

Opening the bathroom door, you were greeted by Minho. "So glad you didn't come out naked, that would have been awkward," he said with a small laugh. You tried to offer a kind smile, but the tears returned. Although he couldn't prevent the initial events, he had been there for you and had prevented things from being worse. You wrapped your arms around him, tears dampening his shirt.

"Huh? Ah shit, you alright?" He hugged you tightly as you cried softly.

"Thank you." your voice shook, slightly breaking as you spoke.

Minho's eyes widened, creating some distance so he could see your face. "Don't thank me for doing my job, and this would have never happened if only... I done it better." he gave a small chuckle, but it sounded broken and sad.

You just stared at him in silence, your glossy eyes meeting his. He didn't like moments like this, so he changed the subject.

"Wow, you smell a lot better now. Although, blood kind of suited you." Minho tried to lighten the atmosphere. You couldn't help but break into a small smile, breaking eye contact.

"Are you all washed up?" he asked curiously.

"Yeah, I just finished." you replied.

"Good." Minho said, his tone turning serious before surprising you with another gentle peck on your lips. "Just know, We're here for you. If you're scared, we'll hold you, or if you want us to give you space, you can. Just tell us, and we'll help you."

You nodded, a small blush creeping onto your face after the unexpected kiss.

"Why'd you...kiss me...?" you asked quietly, slightly looking up at him.
"Just in case you're the type that can't say what they need," Minho showed his signature smirk, causing your heart to flutter.
"Can you...um..." Your voice was still small and quiet out of embarrassment as your eyes landed on your bed.
"Don't you think that's taking things a bit too fast?" He asked with wide eyes, quickly changing to a laugh. "Huh!? What are you- Oh! No! No...I just... Don't want to be..." Your face went red in realization, and you waved your arms to clear up the misunderstanding.
"I know, sweetheart. I'm just messing with you. But are you sure you want me and not someone else? I don't mind staying with you tonight, but... We haven't necessarily bonded as much as you have with...like Felix," he admitted.

You thought for a moment to collect yourself. "I trust you, Minho," you said, offering a sincere smile.
Another peck reached your lips. "Still?" he asked with a raised eyebrow, fully serious to know what you thought.
"You're not her. I... Don't mind it if it's from you. You're not like her. You're sweet and kind, and..." Your words started to drift off once you realized what you were saying.
"Huh? No way." Minho smiled, his arms snaking around your waist. "You make me so happy; you don't understand. Tell me more, Kitten."
"Hyunjin was right; you are a perv," you laughed to hide your embarrassment, but a loving kiss from Minho silenced your teasing.

(Hehe the poll resulted in most the same answers, so I just did both of the main responses: Minho and Chan!
Next chapter will definitely make you feel some things🤭)