𝑃𝑅𝑂𝐿𝑂𝐺𝑈𝐸

(Y/n)'s POV...

Im sitting next to my friends; Gon, Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio. "Hey guys..?" I say a bit nervous about what I'm going to say next. "Hm? What is it (Y/n)?" Kurapika said as he turned to me. "So uhm... what if I don't want to be a Hunter anymore?" Leorio who was conviniently drinking water spit it out in shock like in those cartoons. "HUH? WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN? I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU-". "I know what I said," I said inturrupting him. "but now that I AM one, it seems like theres something missing. It's weird, I know. I mean, I'm doing one of the hardest jobs out there. But for some reason, I dont FEEL like a Hunter. Maybe being one isn't for me."

"Plus, I kinda passed because of you guys. If Gon wasn't there at the 4th phase, he wouldnt have given me the points I needed to pass. If Killua weren't there at the 1st phase, I probably wouldve gotten killed by Hisoka. If Kurapika wasn't kind enough to help me at the 2nd phase, I wouldnt have passed. And if Leorio wasn't with me at the 4th phase, I wouldve died due to blood loss and poisoning. I just got lucky."

Killua was the first to talk after my rant. "Well if you don't like it, then just quit. Maybe try another carreer". Leorio seemed pretty upset about that and spoke in, "The fact that you passed should be enough! Some people would kill to become a Hunter!" Gon spoke after him. "I don't think (Y/n) cares about the success. She probably only applied for the exam so she can feel acomplished. Right, (Y/n)?"

It's like he reads my mind every time. "Yea. It seemed like a stupid reason to become a Hunter, but I guess it's what keeps us motivated", I said as Luvi popped out of nowhere on my shoulder. Leorio was a bit startled by Luvi while Kurapika spoke, "Then what do you suppose you should do?" That's where everything went blank. "I dont really know." I said as Leorio deadpanned. "You want to quit to do something else, but you dont even know what?" he asked.

"What about becoming a Hero?"

I looked over to Killua, who said those words. "It's like a Hunter but easier.. kinda". "Hero?" I said. "Yea. Since you ARE 15, you could go to those Hero schools. I heard that the hardest one to pass is the U.A exam since there are so many applicants. Theres a 0.3% chance of you being accepted."

"Hmm.. maybe."

Kurapika began to speak again. "U.A? Isn't that in Musutafu?" Killua only replied with a nod. "It's pretty far, but most of the time, people who graduate there are pretty much garanteed to become a pro hero. Also, I think that if you go pro, you could get rid of them. Killing 2 birds with one stone, yknow?"

I tense up at the obvious hint and became a bit more serious than before. "What do you mean by that?" I say as Leorio got a little wary when my tone deepened. Obviously, Killua wasnt fazed and replied saying, "Once you go pro, you are technically working with the law. What they did could land them in a jail. If not, worse. The only thing that us Hunters can do is kill them but knowing you, you want revenge and to prove them wrong. What better to do than be a hero?"

He has a point... "Ok, I think I've made up my mind. I will become a Hero to prove them wrong and get my revenge!" I said with determination. Then Gon's voice perked up again. "But Musutafu is so far awayyyyy... Will you have your own house? Do you even have money? You weren't with us when we were training at the Heaven's Arena." He sounded pretty enthusiastic, yet distraught. "Well I could just sell my Hunter's Licence. I wont be needing it since I'm quitting." I replied. "But Gon is right. What about your living environment? You are still a minor so you can't buy your own house." Kurapika spoke a bit concerned.

"That's where you come in!" I told him. "Is it alright if I buy the house but put your name under it?" Kurapika got the hint almost immediately. "Ahhh I see. I don't see why not."

"GREAT! THEN IT'S SETTLED!"

Leorio spoke up again. "But what if you don't pass?" He asked with an eyebrow raised. Gon replied saying, "She will! She uses her quirk SUPER well and I doubt it'll be as hard as the hunter exam! If she doesn't pass, it's their loss anyway!" He pouted at the last sentence.

"Plus if I don't pass U.A, I could try another school, right?" I asked Killua. "Yeah. There are other schools. It's just that U.A is one of the best. There's Shiketsu too."

"Wow, you really know a lot, Killua!" Gon said beaming. As soon as he said that, Killua's face turned red while I chuckled all without smiling.

Maybe this is the right path...