𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟...

"Team (Y/n) and Luvi. Practical exam. Ready? Go!"

The minute the announcing finished, I instantly heard animalistic growling. This let me know that Mr. Hound Dog was charging in for an attack.

I knew he was on his way, but I had no clue where he was coming from. I decided to just run the opposite way and find the exit.

As I continued running, something felt off.. I wasn't hearing any growls, sure.. but it was like they went away too quickly.. Then, out of nowhere, he lunged from some debris and scratched my arm. Thankfully, it wasn't too deep of a bite, but it was enough to cause some small specs of blood to escape..

Luvi looked in horror when he saw the blood. Luvi then hopped off of my shoulder and ran away into the debris. This weirded me out a bit because at this point, he wouldn't leave me at a time like this.. unless he has a plan..

I snap out of my thoughts, and I summon a guitar. I then look around to find Mr. Hound Dog, but nothing... I try and pick up his heartbeat, but I'm hearing two; one belonging to Mr. Hound Dog and one belonging to Luvi. I can't make up which one's which, so I ditch the idea of relying on my natural abilities.

I then put the guitar away and sat down. This most definitely confused Mr. Hound Dog. I then channel my aura, making it surround me. Afterward, I decided to try and do something new for once. Mr. Wing taught me the basics of other techniques that evolve from nen. One of them being 'En'.

I only let a small sphere surround me since I really didn't want to waste as much energy. Plus, I knew that Mr. Hound Dog was close by...

There.

I immediately summoned an ocorina and played a high-pitched tune to shoot at him. It successfully hit him, which surprised him. I then ran towards him and prepared for a punch that I focused my nen on, but then Mr. Hound Dog rolled out of the way. I ended up midding the punch, causing me to fall forward.

I looked up to see Mr. Hound Dog jump towards me. I yelped and rolled over to try and dodge, but no avail. He had grabbed pretty big branches and made them pin me against the floor. I struggled, but the branches were too deep into the floor for me to escape.

I think he's was pretty angry by the fact I had hit him before because at this point, he wasn't even able to form words. He was just mumbling and growling. I then noticed something and decided to play stupid.

I continued to try and get out of the branches. I then finally got one arm free, leading me to easily get my other arm out. I then quickly summoned an otamatone, playing it before Mr. Hound Dog could react.

The odd music coming out of the instrument caused wonky musical notes to appear, surrounding him. This was confusing Mr. Hound Dog quite a bit, so he swung at the notes, which had made some of them disappear.

He then got tired of swinging and charged right towards me, causing me to get a bit caught off guard. I rolled out of the way, causing me to hit a couple of bushes as well. I instantly ran out of the bushes to see if I could find Mr. Hound Dog, but he was gone. I tried looking around, knowing if I used 'En' again, I would run out of energy, knocking me out.

I then decided to make a run for it once again, but Mr. Hound Dog was chasing after me. I knew he was much faster than me, even with the weights holding him back.

He kicked my back, causing me to fly forward a bit and land on my stomach. I hit my chin, causing me to bite my tongue on accident. "OW-! THON OTH A PITH-" (ow! son of a bitch)

I tried summoning a guitar from my upper arm to sing, but once I started singing, nothing happened! Dammit.. I guess I was never put in a situation where I bit my tongue and wanted to use my quirk... So that's why I never knew about this setback.