3

As I sipped my coffee, my mind raced with thoughts about the impending meeting

As I sipped my coffee, my mind raced with thoughts about the impending meeting. "They are coming at 10 am, right?" I voiced my query to my aunt.

"Yeah, but we should be ready by then. It's already 8:50, and you just woke up," she replied, her tone tinged with a hint of urgency.

"Okay then, so if I shower and start getting ready now, it will be perfect, right?" I confirmed, seeking her approval.

"Alright then," I muttered to myself before rinsing my glass and heading upstairs to my room. I grabbed a towel along the way and plugged in my phone for charging.

It took me about 20 minutes to emerge from the bathroom, as they had instructed me to wash my hair as well. By the time I stepped out, it was 9:10. I quickly blow-dried my hair before focusing on getting dressed.

The saree I chose was a beautiful shade of purple, with a three-fourth sleeve blouse. It took me nearly 15 minutes to drape it properly. Why couldn't all sarees come ready-made and perfectly fitted?

As I was putting on my earrings, there was a knock on the door. "Give me a minute, I'll be out," I called out, slipping on my watch.

"You should be out right now, because your future husband is already here," Venkat's voice floated through the door.

"What?" I exclaimed, rushing to open the door. "Damn, you look good," he grinned.

"Wait, really?" I asked, taken aback by his compliment. "No," he smirked, earning an eye roll from me.

"It's only 9:45, they came so soon?" I muttered to myself, feeling a pang of nervousness.

"Come on, let's go down," Venkat urged, leading the way.

With a sigh, I followed him down the stairs. As I reached the bottom step, I spotted the boy's parents seated on the sofa, while my family occupied the opposite one. The boy himself sat with his back to me.

His parents looked oddly familiar, but before I could dwell on it further, the boy's mother nudged him, and he turned around. My heart skipped a beat as I registered his face.

Somebody kill me right now. It was none other than the cricketer, Shubman Gill.

 It was none other than the cricketer, Shubman Gill