19

Reethu's POV

Reethu's POV

We had arrived at the hotel just a few minutes ago, and to my dismay, due to some last-minute arrangements, Shubman and I had to share a room. Of course, this brought immense joy to Ishan and Abhishek, for reasons known only to them.

"Do you like the room?" Shubman's arms wrapped around my waist from behind, his warmth sending a pleasant shiver down my spine. "Yeah, it's nice," I replied, offering a smile over my shoulder.

"God, that was such a long flight," he groaned, nestling his head into the crook of my neck.

"If you're tired, you should sleep. Ishan and Abhishek already did," I suggested, tilting my head slightly to glance at him.

"You should come too," he urged, pulling me towards the bed. I didn't resist, knowing he would just pull me closer anyway. His arm wrapped around me, and before I knew it, I could feel his breath against my skin as he drifted off to sleep. Smiling softly, I closed my eyes, allowing the rhythm of his breathing to lull me into slumber.

But my peaceful sleep was abruptly interrupted by the sound of a ringing phone. Blinking my eyes open, I reached for my phone to answer the call, only to realize it was just an automatic spam call. Glancing at the time, I groaned inwardly—it was already 9 am. 

Attempting to sit up, I found myself unable to move, pinned down by the cricketer who was practically sleeping on top of me. I was teetering on the edge of the bed, and any slight movement from him would send me tumbling to the floor.

Sure enough, he shifted, and the next thing I knew, I was on the floor with the blanket draped over my head. Peering out from beneath the covers, I saw Shubman sit up, rubbing his head in confusion.

"Why are you on the floor?" he asked, his voice laced with sleep.

"Because you pushed me," I retorted, tossing a small pillow in his direction.

"Stop, that didn't even hurt," he protested, rubbing his shoulder. With a sigh, I got up, resolving to freshen up. "I'll go freshen up and come back," I announced, grabbing a towel and my toiletries.

"Yeah, okay. I'll use the other shower," he agreed, stretching lazily.

It struck me as rather odd that the hotel room came with one bed but two bathrooms—a perplexing arrangement indeed. Nonetheless, I made my way to the shower, eager to start the day afresh.

After a refreshing shower and a quick change into a comfortable grey t-shirt and black sweatpants, I emerged from the bathroom, expecting to find Shubman still occupied with his shower. However, to my surprise, he was already out, sitting on the bed shirtless, messing with his tshirt.

But as my eyes landed on him, a blush crept onto my cheeks, and I quickly averted my gaze."Um, can you please wear a shirt?" I mumbled, feeling flustered under his scrutinizing gaze.