10

Shubman pov

Shubman pov

As I arrived home around 10 pm after dropping Reethu off at her place, I couldn't help but reflect on how enjoyable the day had been, despite it being just our first day together. She was exactly as Ishan had described her.

Entering the house, I found my parents watching TV. "Aagaya hamara beta," my mom greeted with a smile as I settled beside her, feeling a warmth spread within me.

"Kaisa tha din? Reethu ke sath din kaisa tha?" my dad inquired, curiosity evident in his voice.

"Acha gaya. Voh bohot hi pyari hai," I replied with a smile, my heart feeling lighter as I spoke of Reethu.

"Oh ho dekho, hamaara beta sharama raha hai," my mom teased, pinching my cheeks lightly.

"Ma," I protested, laughing along with her antics. "Okay, I'll get going to my room, good night," I chuckled before making a quick exit, eager to retreat to the solitude of my own space.

Once in my room, I peeled off my sweat-drenched shirt and changed into a comfortable pair of sweatpants before flopping onto my bed. Thoughts of Reethu soon consumed my mind—the way she laughed, her infectious smile, her quick wit.

Unable to shake off the thoughts of her, I reached for my phone. Should I call her? Would she be awake at this hour?

"Well, you won't know if you don't try," my subconscious nudged me. Taking a leap of faith, I dialled her number. She picked up on the third ring.

"Hey," she greeted warmly, her voice instantly bringing a smile to my face. "Hi," I replied, feeling a surge of happiness.

"Couldn't sleep?" she asked, her concern evident. "Yeah, you too?" I inquired, curious about her own sleep patterns.

"Nah, my sleep schedule is pretty messed up because of my work," she explained, her voice tinged with amusement.

"Why do you say that?" I probed further, intrigued by her response. "Well, you see, sometimes we have late-night shoots, sometimes very early ones. So I sleep whenever I can grab a moment, and currently, I'm not sleepy," she elaborated.

"Why are you awake anyway?" she redirected the question back to me. "I couldn't get sleep," I admitted, feeling a bit vulnerable sharing my insomnia with her.

"Is music playing over there?" I asked, noticing the faint sound of music in the background.

"Yeah," she laughed lightly. "You're listening to that song from 'Student of the Year'?" I teased, recognizing the tune.

"Uh, yeah," she confessed, prompting a chuckle from me. "Is it reminding you of someone?" I prodded playfully, enjoying our banter. "Ishan," she burst into laughter, catching me off guard.

"Ishan? Did you say Ishan?" I repeated incredulously, my mind reeling with possibilities.

Her laughter only intensified. "Oh my God, the look on your face!" she exclaimed, causing me to shake my head in amusement.