28

Reethu's POV:

Reethu's POV:

Three days had passed since the unexpected message from Taylor Swift and the subsequent celebration. Presently, I found myself at Kajal's place, assisting her with outfit selections while Shubman took charge of decorating.

"Why do I have to apply mehendi? You're the one getting married," I grumbled as Kajal guided me to a chair.

"Just indulge me. It'll look lovely," she insisted, settling me down.

"But what if I get hungry?" I protested, earning a nonchalant shrug from Kajal. "Not my problem," she retorted, leaving me to my fate.

As I sat with my eyes closed, feeling the intricate patterns of mehendi being applied to my hands, the aroma of samosas suddenly wafted over me. Opening my eyes, I discovered 

Shubman standing nearby, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips as he held out a plate of samosas.

"Please don't tease me. Give me the food," I pleaded, leaning against his shoulder. "Alright, fine," he relented, breaking off a piece of samosa and feeding it to me. Once I had eaten, he tenderly wiped away any stray crumbs from the corner of my lips with his thumb, a simple gesture that sent warmth coursing through me.

"I'll go wash up," I announced, rising from the chair as Shubman nodded in agreement.

"Are you heading to our room?" he inquired as I confirmed, prompting him to join me. Entering our room, Shubman settled onto the bed while I made my way to the bathroom. After washing my hands, I returned to find him waiting for me.

"It looks so pretty!" I exclaimed, displaying my mehendi-adorned hands, to which Shubman responded with a smile and a kiss on my cheek.

"You okay?" I queried, noticing the hint of fatigue in his expression.

"My hands and back are aching from fixing the fairy lights," he confessed, prompting me to offer some painkiller spray. "Lie down, I'll apply it," I instructed, and he complied. As I sprayed the soothing mist onto his back and hands, I felt the tension melt away from his muscles.

"God, that feels much better," he sighed appreciatively, slipping his t-shirt back on.

I returned his smile before snuggling closer to him, his arms encircling me protectively.

"I love you," he murmured, pressing a tender kiss to my cheek, to which I replied in kind.

"I love you too," I whispered, turning to meet his lips with mine. He then turned me over, making my back hit the bed as he hovered over me.

He kissed me hard, and his fingers intertwined with mine just as someone knocked on the door. Groaning in frustration, I disentangled myself from Shubman's embrace and made my way to the door. 

Opening it, I found one of my friends waiting outside with a reminder about the impending ceremony.  "Women, be ready in an hour. The ceremony will be starting soon," she answered before running off making me sigh.

"Shubman, what are you doing?" I gasped, a mixture of laughter and disbelief in my voice as he held me securely against him.

My heart raced at the intensity in his eyes, the warmth of his body pressed against mine sending shivers down my spine. In that moment, there was no one else in the world but us, caught in the intoxicating dance of desire and affection.

"Absolutely," he whispered, his breath ghosting over my lips before capturing them in a tender kiss. It was a kiss filled with unspoken promises, a silent declaration of our love and longing for each other.

Eventually, the need for air forced us to break apart, though the connection between us remained unbroken as we gazed into each other's eyes, our chests rising and falling in unison.

"And I love you," I replied, my heart overflowing with affection for the man holding me so tenderly.

As my feet touched the floor, I leaned in to steal one last lingering kiss, savouring the taste of his lips against mine. In that moment, I knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, as long as we faced them together, our love would always prevail.

 In that moment, I knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, as long as we faced them together, our love would always prevail