21

Ishan POV

Ishan POV

As I rose from my slumber, I noticed Abhishek sprawled out on the floor beside his laptop. With a yawn, I stretched my limbs before gathering my belongings and stowing my laptop in my bag. Giving Abhishek a gentle nudge, I urged him to wake up.

"Kya hua?" he mumbled, rubbing his eyes as he sat up. "It's morning already?" he exclaimed, clearly disoriented.

"Yeah, we hit the hay at 2 in the morning. It's already 9 am now," I replied, offering a sympathetic nod. "Do you think Shubman and Reethu are up?" Abhishek queried, stifling another yawn as I shrugged in response.

"Not sure," I admitted. "But let's freshen up first," I suggested, prompting Abhishek to nod in agreement before we both made our way to the bathroom.

After a brisk shower and a change into casual attire, I headed to Shubman's room, feeling a sense of anticipation bubbling within me. A soft knock on the door preceded my entrance, but I failed to notice it was ajar until my hand made contact with Reethu's nose.

"Ishan, what the hell?" she groaned, clutching her nose in pain. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to," I apologized sincerely, feeling a pang of guilt.

"It's okay," she reassured me, waving off my apology. "Aye, ab kya hua?" Abhishek's voice chimed in as he entered the room.

"Kuch nahi," Reethu replied, her tone slightly strained. "Where's Shub?" Abhishek inquired, his curiosity piqued.

"He's in the shower," Reethu informed us just as her phone began to ring.

Reethu's POV:

"Hello," I answered the call, recognizing my friend Kajal's cheerful voice on the other end.

"Hey girl," Kajal greeted me, her excitement palpable. "You seem happy. Are you getting married or something?" I teased lightly, settling onto the bed between Abhishek and Ishan.

"Uhm, yeah, who told you? I swear, you're the first person I'm calling to tell," Kajal confessed with a hint of surprise. "So you're actually getting married? That's great! When is the ceremony?" I inquired, genuinely thrilled for her.

"Somewhere this month. I know it seems fast, but this plan has been in the works for a while," Kajal explained, her voice brimming with excitement.

"Wow," I murmured, genuinely impressed by her news. "You should definitely come, okay? I'll text you all the details very soon. I want you there," Kajal insisted warmly.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world," I assured her, feeling a surge of happiness for my friend.

After exchanging pleasantries and bidding farewell, I ended the call and turned my attention back to Ishan and Abhishek, who were waiting expectantly.