25

Shubman woke up to the sound of Reethu's voice, her gentle laughter filling the room

Shubman woke up to the sound of Reethu's voice, her gentle laughter filling the room. He rubbed his eyes, feeling the warmth of the morning sun seeping through the curtains. With a yawn, he stretched his arms before making his way to the shower.

After freshening up, Shubman found Reethu sitting on the bed, her fingers running through her hair as she spoke on the phone. He sat beside her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"What's up?" he asked, pressing a kiss to her forehead. Reethu smiled, her eyes lighting up with affection. "Kuch nahi. Thujse pyaar hogayi," she smiled.

"I know that already. What happened on the call?" Shubman inquired. Reethu sighed, "We have a show on Saturday, the day we arrive in India."

"A show? What kind?" he leaned in, intrigued. "It's for our band," she revealed. Shubman couldn't contain my surprise as he exclaimed, "You're in a band?"

Reethu chuckled, "Yeah, I play the drums and sometimes guitar and sing."

"That's amazing!" he exclaimed, taking her hands in his. "What's your band called?"

"Swift," she confessed, causing me to burst into laughter.

"Swift? Really?" Shubman chuckled. "Yeah, we were in 9th grade when we named it after Taylor Swift, our idol," she explained.

"Fair enough,"  Shubman smiled, "I can't wait to see you perform!" he answered before leaning in to kiss her.

2 days later

Reethu pov

"I'll see you there, " Shubman spoke before we ended the call.

As we prepared for the show, I couldn't shake off the nerves

As we prepared for the show, I couldn't shake off the nerves. The excitement mixed with anxiety churned in my stomach as I glanced at the growing crowd outside.

"What songs are we performing?" I asked, trying to calm my nerves.

"Taylor Swift songs, duh," Kiara, my bandmate, replied.