12

Reethu pov

Reethu pov

As the evening progressed and the party continued, the warm glow of the string lights intertwined with the vibrant energy of the guests, creating an atmosphere of joy and camaraderie. The scent of delicious food wafted through the air, mingling with the sound of laughter and animated conversations.

Amidst the lively ambiance, I found myself immersed in conversation with Shubman and our friends, sharing anecdotes and laughter over dinner. The clinking of cutlery and the occasional burst of laughter punctuated our conversations, creating a symphony of sounds that filled the night.

When my phone rang, Shubman handed it to me with a curious glance. "Hello," I greeted the caller, exchanging a few brief words before returning my attention to the table.

"Everything okay?" Shubman asked, his concern palpable as he leaned in closer.

"Absolutely," I reassured him with a smile, reaching for my glass of water and taking a refreshing sip.

Should I tell him? Or not?

Surprise him.  My subconscious spoke. Guess I will do that.

"You wanna go for a walk? " he asked after we finished eating. "That sounds good, " I smiled as we started walking. "Oh by the way I'll be designing the indian spider man for the movie, " I spoke as he smiled. "That's great! " he exclaimed.

"Oh by the way you know something?" he asked. "I can't know until you say, " I answered as he wrapped his hands around my waist pulling me close, catching me off guard. "Shub what? " I spoke.

"I'm gonna be voicing your Indian Spiderman in Hindi, " he whispered. "Wait really? " I smiled placing my hands on his shoulder as he nodded smiling.

"I didn't disturb you guys kissing right? "Ishan's voice came from behind making us pull apart.

"Idiot," I muttered. "Hey there you are come on, " Natasha came and pulled me away. 

"What happened? " I asked. "Nothing, I just felt like doing it, " she spoke making me laugh.

We all had exchanged our numbers and honestly, I was tired. How do these people party so much? Shubman was speaking with someone so I didn't disturb him.  I went and sat on the swing which was there in the backyard.

It felt nice. The cold breeze felt soothing on my face and just then I got a text from my old college gc.

Rahul

I know this gc
works only
when we have
the cricket match

Lucky
but Reethu
We can't win this
Finals if you're not
there 😭😭

Sheela
Summoning
our all rounder.

Reethu
Relax guys I'll be
there 😂