38

The soft morning light filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the room as Shubman slowly stirred from his slumber. He blinked sleepily, feeling the remnants of their passionate night lingering in his mind like a sweet dream. Stretching his arms above his head, he let out a contented sigh, relishing in the comfort of their shared bed.

Shubman's gaze swept over the room, searching for his wife but to his surprise, the space next to him was empty, the sheets rumpled from where she had slept beside him. Frowning slightly, he propped himself up on his elbows, wondering where she could be.

Just then, he noticed a sliver of light peeking out from beneath the bathroom door, and he realized that Reethu must be inside. Curiosity piqued, Shubman swung his legs over the side of the bed and padded barefoot across the room, his heart fluttering with anticipation.

Pushing open the bathroom door, Shubman's breath caught in his throat at the sight that greeted him.  There stood Reethu, her damp hair falling in loose waves around her shoulders as she dried it with a fluffy towel. She was dressed in one of his shirts, the fabric hanging loosely on her slender frame, and a pair of sweatpants.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," Reethu greeted him with a warm smile as she caught sight of him in the doorway. "Did I wake you?"

Shubman shook his head, a fond smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "No, not at all," he replied, his voice filled with adoration. "I was just wondering where you had disappeared to."

Reethu chuckled softly, setting aside the towel as she crossed the room to stand before him. "I thought I'd let you sleep in a bit longer," she explained, reaching out to brush a stray lock of hair from his forehead. "You looked so peaceful, I didn't want to disturb you."

Shubman's heart swelled with love at her thoughtfulness, his gaze lingering on the sight of her standing before him, radiant and beautiful in the soft morning light. "Thank you, Reethu," he murmured, reaching out to pull her into his arms. "But I'd much rather wake up to you by my side."

Wrapping her arms around his waist, Reethu melted into his embrace, her head resting against his chest as she breathed in the familiar scent of his skin. "I love you, Shubman," she whispered, her voice a gentle melody in the quiet of the morning.

"I love you too, Reethu," Shubman replied, pressing a tender kiss to the top of her head. 

As they stood together in the quiet intimacy of the bathroom, Shubman's gaze drifted to the mirror, where their reflections stood side by side. They made quite the pair, he thought to himself, Reethu's delicate features complementing his own rugged charm in a way that felt perfectly matched.