Chapter 8

Amaimon Pheles walking around Gehenna unwrapping a lollipop. He hated what was going on, what had started so long ago.

His father was attempting to take over Assiah now. His brother, Mephisto, had joined an organization of exorcists that were planning to kill his father and all the other demons. His half-brother, Rin Okumura, had lost his memories in a head trauma. Sally Rivers was always around her boyfriend, Mephisto, and worrying about her cousin. Sally's cousin and Amaimon's best friend, Death the Kid, had returned to Death City in order to train to become the next Grim Reaper. Then there was the last member of their group that no one liked to mention.

Amaimon stuck the lollipop in his mouth. They had all gone their separate ways after the camp. Kid to become the next Lord Death, Rin to Shiro Fujimoto to continue to train his abilities until he lost his memories, Mephisto and him had returned to Gehenna to train their Demon powers, then Mephisto had left leaving Amaimon behind, Sally had followed Mephisto.

Amaimon pulled out the green circular charm that hung around his neck still lost in his thoughts.

Many of them had chosen different paths and yet, deep down Amaimon knew that they were all still best friends. That the responsibilities their different kinds had to handle kept them busy and unable to meet up, as well as the problems with their traitorous friend. Amaimon also knew that even though they were different kinds, they were the same. All of them possessed the trademark fangs of Death creatures, although some used the obliviousness of humans to hide them, like Kid. They all also had ears that, to some degree, were pointy. Then there was their physical differences, Kid's stripes that showed his Reaper heritage, their Demon tails, Sally's ability to shrink due to her Water Sprite heritage.

Amaimon liked that they all could accept each other's differences and also have so many similarities. They had all been, and still were, the greatest friends Amaimon had. He hoped that once everything was finished then he could spar with the guys again, go skateboarding with Kid, and just hang out with all of them again.

Amaimon sat underneath a black, barren tree and continued to eat his lollipop. He then noticed the charm on his necklace giving off a faint green glow. He touched the charm and a holographic life-size image of his brother appeared. Amaimon noticed the pink polka-dot tie, white jester style pants, the white suit jacket and the large white top hat, along with the purple gloves his brother wore.

 Strange, he thought.

"Amaimon, Rin has been taken. I need you to come to Assiah immediately.

It's Him." Mephisto said gravely.

Those words made Amaimon's blood run cold.

 How could it be Him?! I thought we would still have more time. There's no way he should be going through with his plan so soon. Did Kid give in? No, there's no way Kid would lose himself! Amaimon thought while staring at Mephisto's image.

"I'll be there soon, brother." he said, dazed.

Mephisto nodded before his image faded and the glow disappeared from his charm.

"Amaimon!"