Chapter 22

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from Soul Eater or Blue exorcist, I only own my OCs and the story idea.

"Unfortunately that leaves you with one option... death!" Daemon yelled.

Daemon drew a knife from his belt and threw it at Kid. The knife pierced the Reaper's chest near his heart and blood oozed from around the blade. Kid groaned as a burning kind of pain spread throughout his body. He gritted his teeth, grasping the handle of the knife and pulling it from his chest, groaning loudly in pain. Daemon watched shocked as the Reaper held the knife, its blade a dark red and dripping with Kid's blood.

"How is that possible?!" Daemon yelled, "That was a Holy Weapon, you should be dead!"

"So you really don't know... there's a special mark that can protect Death creatures from Holy Weapons." kid smirked and dropped the knife to the ground, his blood splattering on the floor. Kid looked at the knife and the blood, but turned his attention back to Daemon when the Storm Serpent crashed into Cerberus, biting the dog's neck and making it yelp. Daemon leaped from the serpent's head and tackled Kid. Both Death creatures rolled down Cerberus' back and landed on the floor, Daemon pinning Kid. Daemon reached into his pocket and pulled out an empty syringe.

"Kid!" Liz called from her weapon form in the holster, "Watch out!"

Daemon stabbed the needle into Kid's neck, the same place he'd injected him with madness seventy years ago...

Flashback:

An eight-year old Kid was sparring with Mephisto in the arena at Camp Immortal Death. Mephisto ran at Kid and tried to punch the Reaper's jaw, but Kid ducked under hos fist and summoned a fire ball. Kid hit the Demon with the fire attack sending him skidding along the floor of the arena.

"Kid wins again!" Amaimon and Rin cheered, laughing at their older brother. Sally ran over to the fallen Demon and helped him get back to his feet.

"I lost." the Demon sulked.

"Yeah, but you were still pretty awesome." Sally smiled at him, causing Mephisto to blush bright red.

"We should get going or we'll be late." Kid said walking over to the other two Demons and grabbing his water bottle.

"What for?" Rin asked.

"It's an annual festival at the camp where we display the most deadly items known to humans and Death creatures our age can choose a familiar." Sally explained. "Daemon already went down there and chose a Storm Serpent, but he won't be there now. He said he had some work to do."

"Oh, right!" Rin said, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The five of them walked into the courtyard where colorful tents and large fenced in pens for familiars lined the area. Amaimon led them over to a green tent and they all looked at the small green and yellow creature in the pen. The creature turned and looked at Amaimon and the Demon stared into its eyes.

"A Behemoth, not bad for a familiar." Sally said looking at Amaimon, slyly.

"We should keep looking." Rin said. They all walked out of the tent, except Amaimon.

"Amaimon?" Kid called, "You coming?"

"No, I'll stay here."

The remaining four walked around looking at the different creatures they could select as familiars. Sally had chosen hers ten minutes after they had arrived, selecting a Nymph. They stopped in front of a cage full of Hellhound puppies and Mephisto picked up one with icy blue eyes.