Chapter 9

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from Soul Eater or Blue exorcist, I only own my OCs and the story idea.

The door to the infirmary opened up and Stein walked in. Kid and Liz looked up at the scientist as he pushed up his glasses. Kid noticed that the crazed look in Stein's eyes seemed to be more noticeable. The scientist's exposure to the Kishin's madness had obviously increased his own personal madness. This worried Kid, if Stein's madness had been so strongly affected by the Kishin then how bad was his own now? How close was he to insanity?

"Good, you're awake. Lord Death would like to see you now." Stein said, looking at Kid and twisting the screw in his head.

Kid nodded and began to get out of the bed while Stein walked out of the infirmary. Kid stood up next to his bed and his knees buckled under his weight. Liz caught her meister before he hit the floor and supported him by leaning him against her shoulder.

"You OK?" she asked, looking worriedly at her meister.

"I think so." Kid said, grimacing. His body was still recovering from the Kishin's attack.

"Let me help." Liz said gently.

Kid nodded and the two of them began to walk towards the Death Room with Kid putting most of his weight on Liz. Liz was supporting Kid as they walked with one of his arms slung over her shoulders and one of her arms wrapped tightly around his waist. Liz had a light blush on her cheeks from being so close to the young Reaper, but Kid was too busy trying to hide his own bright red face to notice.

They made it to the door leading into the Death Room and the two walked straight in and down the guillotine hall. When they reached the platform they saw Lord Death staring gloomily into the mirror and Spirit standing off to the side, staring off into the endless desert landscape littered with thousands of crooked black crosses.

"Father?" Kid limped forward, Liz following close behind in case he collapsed again.

"Oh, Kiddo!" Lord Death said, turning to face his son and the oldest demon pistol, his expression becoming slightly happier behind his mask. "How are you?"

"Alright considering the circumstances." Kid said, shifting his weight from foot to foot

"Good, good!" Lord Death said, clapping his large hands once in front of his body, "So, Kiddo, I have a mission if you're feeling well enough to accept it."

"Of course, father. What is the mission?" Kid replied formally, ignoring the look Liz sent him.

"Due to the Kishin awakening, the madness is beginning to affect more and more people. The number of Kishin eggs has increased drastically. I would like you to go and take care of a group of Kishin eggs in Oregon." Lord Death said his mask blank, expressing the severity of the situation they were all in now.

"Alright, father."

Kid and Liz began to leave the Death Room so that they could get Patty from the infirmary and head out. Kid stopped and turned around again when he heard his father call out.