Chapter 1

{Name}'s pov

As I fell through the air, I could feel the wind falling out of my lungs. 

My wings were acting useless, as the flaps acting like a penguin trying to soar off. I'd never felt real fear until that moment. 

Where I felt like I was ripping through the air. 

And there I landed, with a "thump!" As the dirt moved away from my scattered self.

 I groaned in pain, taking a second before rolling over. A single tear fell from my face, the golden liquid all angels cried came out of my eyes unlike humans salty tears. 

I whimpered as I sat up, looking at my right wing to see a rip where a once well used wing was. 

"Shit.. no my wing!" I panicked, breathing becoming rapid and panicked. I quickly stood up to check on it. It looked healabel.

 I clamped my hands over my ears, screaming in frustration. 

"I HATE YOU MOTHER!" I cried out falling to my knees and sobbing out. 

"I- '' 

my breath hitched when an arrow shot right next to my head, missing by a bit but hitting the bark behind me.

 I felt helpless. 

I never learned how to fight well, I wasn't supposed to fight with my body in heaven. If I ever had to fight I'd fight with a dagger, slitting throats were always easier than a sword. 

But here I was, with nothing on me, new surroundings, and a broken wing. 

I was helpless. 

I scurried to my feet, watching the mysterious figure come out of the forest. His eyes were like an eagle staring at me, red fur covering his whole body. 

He was a fox, with the soul of a bird. 

I always had a weird thing for putting animals to people. And even with the hybrid's body being a fox, his soul sang differently. 

And of course I noticed. 

I hated to beg. I much preferred making people beg than myself. 

But he looked at me like I killed his mother.

  I had no other choice. 

"Please!" I pleaded, putting my hands up and looking at him.

 His bow quivered at the sound of my shaken voice, noticing my sliced wing and my begging form. "Spare me! I beg you I don't mean any harm!" I said as he looked at my eyes. 

My heart skipped a beat.

 It's like I could see his soul. 

And in him, I saw me. 

A wrong body given to the wrong soul. With a parent who puts work before their own child.

 And he saw himself in me. It's like our brains clicked, synchronized at the sight of each other. 

"Who are you." He demanded pointing his bow down now still suspicious but knowing I mean no harm. 

"I am {name}, an angel mother with a demon father, I-I'm 20, and I was kicked out of heaven." I rambled.. waiting for a second 

"...but my friends call me limbo."

 I say as his shoulders relaxed, now coming closer with a first aid kit in hand and a pink potion i didn't recognize.