Chapter 12

Wilbur felt like his legs were the wind, carrying him as fast as they could go. 

It didn't feel tiring, needing to find the girl. 

He fucked up, his head felt like it was growing mold. Growing a disease. Infecting every inch of his brain. And he didn't know why it was happening. 

He let himself go, and hurt her and himself. 

God a nation was more work than he ever thought.

 He slowed down, finding her sobbing, crumbled form on top of the hill overlooking l'manberg. Her wings covering her form as cries filled the air, halo still flickering as if weakened.

 "{Name}-" 

He fell to his knees, grabbing the broken girl and pulling her into a big hug and starting to tear up with her. 

"Im so sorry- I don't know what happened, I didn't mean any of those things. I'm so sorry- i was just so worried about losing l'manberg and everyone else i got carried away. I took out my anger on you and i'm just so sorry." 

He told her as she shook in his arms, sobbing still. 

"I'm so sorry- i let myself go and almost hurt you- you should've never seen myself like that- it was ugly i just am so sorry-"

 She cried into her hands as he just listened. 

"I'm so ugly- i can barely stay in my own angelic form for more than a few minutes- and when i get out of it i turn weak and broken- im so sorry i promise you'll never see that again!" 

She promised, tears wetting his skin and healing all the small wounds on his skin. He kissed the top of her head, resting her chin on it.

 "Your not ugly, and its okay. Your not weak. I promise, you'll be alright. You did nothing wrong." He told her as she sniffled, leaning into him as her heart still was confused.

 They both did things that were wrong, yet she was letting it slide like nothing. Was she going crazy or was he not in the wrong? 

Her head was spinning, tired, hurt, and moldable.

 She hated feeling like this, but even so she felt it. 

Shivering, she slowly fell asleep in his arms as he hummed her to slumber.

-

"So... are you going to run?" Quakity asked her, as she bit her lip. 

Two days had passed, and the election spread around the town like a deadly virus. Well... i guess anything in this small of a town would spread pretty bad.

 "I'm running with george, and Fundy and Niki are running together, but-" 

"Quakity im not running." She told him as he frowned, disappointed that the girl wouldn't even consider it. 

"I think you would be an amazing president though!" He told her as she giggled at him, taking the compliment well. 

"You should've been elected instead of Wilbur, you won this place over anyways!" He rambled as {Name} simply just shrugged.

 "Eh, i'm no president! I wouldn't want the power to get to my head." She told him as he slumped, tired of pleading with the girl. 

"Fine, be like that! Then i'll just have to win over your vote!" He declared, waving goodbye and running off to wherever he had to go. 

She shook her head, giggling to herself. Everyone seemed to be taking the election better than expected. 

Except herself, she took the election pretty bad.