Chapter 27

{Name} sat in the deep cavern of pogtopia, gently glaring at the chess set in front of her in a focus.

It was a cool afternoon, with two steamy cups, one tea and one coffee, set on the table next to the game on either side.

It had rained the night before, so now the air was fresh and cleaned from the impurities of the world.

A slight dripping noise echoed through the open space, slightly being covered up by the scribbling of pencil on paper and chess pieces moving back and forth.

Wilbur sat in front of her, his eyebrows raised as he thought for a moment about his next move. His hand was gently rested on his chin, his eyes flashing back from the rook to the queen, back and forth.

Tommy sat in a comfortable chair seven feet away from the table. His legs hung off the side of it, with his body sideways and head resting on the arm.

He had a blank sketchbook in his grasp, aggressively and roughly scratching away at it.

It was a feeble attempt to show techno drawing wasn't that hard.

The other day, they had a mild disagreement at how hard art was after Tommy noticed the sketches hung up on the wall against the bottom bunk in the bedroom all the boys shared.

They were all drawn on old, golden pieces of paper using a dark led with shaded parts.

Ones of beautiful mountain hills, cliffs falling into water, nether regions that only someone in such high status there could see.

The occasional sketch of a familiar angel, a smile to her face and the wind gently blowing in her hair were hidden within all the amazing sketches.

And exactly one of Tommy, Wilbur, and techno, when they were all young.

Once Tommy laid his eyes on them he declared that he could draw better, and so now here he was, frantically trying to make the mess of lines he put onto the paper look like whatever he hoped they would mirror.

All in all though, it was failing.

Helplessly.

Wilbur finally moved his chess piece, making {Name} smirk as she moved exactly after him.

"Checkmate!" She replied happily as Wilbur's eyes widened, looking at all the moves and sighing hopelessly.

"Fuck! You really did get me!" He whined, a frown on his face. It had been a heated match, with the winner having to win 2 out of 3 matches.

{Name} won the first one, Wilbur taking the second, and in the end the winning player was the smirking girl who sat Cris crossed on a comfy old armchair that looked almost the same as Tommy's.

"Good game! We should play chess more," {Name} congratulated, offering her hand as he gave it a firm shake.

"Usually I don't get a good chess opponent! It's nice to finally have one," she smiled, as his cheek gently reddened as she let go of his hand.

"Tommy sucks and Techno never wants to play," she laughed as Tommy's head shot up, an annoyed and offended look on his face.

"Hey! I am good at it, you just cheat" he defended, as {Name} laughed turning to face him with an amused expression.

"Oh yeah? Point to the piece that's the rook," She asked him, as he bit his lip and furrowed his eyebrows in thought.

Shrugging, he pointed to the bishop in full confidence. "That one! Right there, next to the king and the queen!" {Name} held back a giggle, as Wilbur smiled at the two in appreciation.