Chapter 22

{Name} swung her feet over the water, softly blowing into the ocarina from time to time, watching the water slowly let out a soft glow. 

She found out what it did!

 She smiled, still listening to the noise from the instrument. It sounded soft, like a sweet strand of noise in the busy world.

 She wished she let herself stay. 

Up there with everyone else, the peaceful atmosphere of forgiveness seemed welcoming to her. 

But in all reality, feeling the warm salty water on her feet, smelling the piney smelling air, looking at the star filled sky, filled her heart with the knowledge of the fact that her time here wasn't done. 

She bit her lip, still a bit upset at XD. She didn't want to actually feel hurt by him, but it stung. How he didn't want her in his land, for a reason he would even say.

 Maybe because she was too weak in his eyes, or she wasn't interesting enough.

 There were many hypotheses popping up in her brain about it. 

But she just felt history repeating itself, here she was crying outside with nothing but the nighttime sky to comfort her. 

How convenient. 

Her lip quivered, just wanting to have a peaceful day for once. 

She didn't lie when she said she loved this land. The way it comforted her, the way the breeze felt on her skin, the way she could practically hear the worlds heartbeat, just sang to her in a way heaven could never.

 It made her feel at home. 

It was her home. 

A new home, but one that felt better than the old one ever did. 

Heaven would never feel the same after this, she knew that. It would never have her smiling friends, it would never have the great adventures of the land, it would never have the comfortable air to fly through, and by god it would never have the stars. 

In heaven you couldn't see them, the beautiful little dots in the sky.

 Thats something she never had experienced until she landed here, the beautiful little sparkles in the sky. She never wanted to look away from it, never wanted to look up into the sky and see any other sights. 

She sighed, hiding her face in her hands. 

She jumped, hearing a noise from behind her to be met with the familiar smiley face man.

 "Oh god, not again.." She muttered, quickly whipping her tears away from her face for the second time around the man. 

He sighed, watching her do so once again. It almost felt like deja vu, watching as she crumbled alone once again with no one knowing but himself and the stars above them. 

Reminded him of the days he didn't feel like a shell, like all he was placed on this world to do was destroy.

 Even though he knew that was the reason. 

To be the villain, to be the bad guy. 

But he felt as if he didn't need to be the bad guy with her. 

He sat down next to her, as she turned away from him trying to find an excuse to her cracking facade. 

She didn't want to trust this man again. 

This selfish, cruel man. XD took all his traits and put him into clay. 

And she hated that. She hated that she felt connected to a man that tried to destroy her nation. She hated that she felt bad for him. 

He put his arm around her shoulder, just silently comforting her as she simply sniffled. 

She had no tears left to give. 

Well, at least with him around. 

"I know you hate me," 

He said quietly, watching the stars peacefully as she looked over towards his face. His green eyes shining up at the sky, mask now off of his face and resting on the grass to the left of him as she was on the right.

 "But I'm sorry, I just want you to know that. I said a lot of bad stuff to you, got you involved with shit, killed you for god's sake! A lot was going through my head when it all happened, and I know that's not an excuse.. You shouldn't even want to talk to me but-" 

he looked at her, observing that sparkle in her eye as her glare softened at his gaze. 

"I'm sorry, so so sorry. You never deserved any of that, and I should've been more mature and figured out a way to solve the conflict that didn't involve you."

 A moment of silence passed between the two, {Name} hugging him suddenly as he just let out a held up breath he had been holding in his lungs. 

Hugging her back, she started to sniffle into his chest as clay just kept his calm breaths. 

"You wanna talk about it?" He offered, as she shook her head in a way of declining. 

He wouldn't get it, she doesn't even get it. But him just being here made her feel better.

 She knew he was apologizing about the l'manberg incident, but the fact that XD and clay smelled, sounded, looked, smiled, and hugged the same made her feel like it wasnt Clay apologizing. 

It was XD. 

And he was giving her a big hug, telling her it'll be alright, and feeling whole once again. 

But alas, she could pretend. 

Pretend these arms are ones of a god, pretend that she wasn't a human at the moment, pretend that her worries washed away like the water she had her feet in. 

And pretend that life was good again. 

Her breathing steadied, pulling away and whipping her not dry-ish eyes. 

"God this is so fucking embarrassing.." She laughed, dream elbowing her in the side and giving her a subtle smirk.

 "Hey, at least you're a pretty crier." She laughed at him, rolling her eyes as her face heated up a bit.

 "Oh shut up, clay," She scoffed, dream raising his arms in defense. 

"Hey! All I'm saying is you're not hard to look at!" 

"Shut up!" 

"Make me~"

 "I'll throw you into the water," {Name} threatened, a playful smile on her face as she glared at him. 

"Do it." He said, smirking as she smirked back. She grabbed him by the shoulders, pulling both of them under the shinny water. 

Their heads both popped back up, laughing as dream looked down at her. 

A soft smile fell onto his lips, his arms around her waist as hers were still on his shoulders. She was still laughing, finding the moment quite amusing. 

He put one of his hands on her cheek, leaning in suddenly and placing his lips onto hers. 

She widened her eyes, the unexpected action making her a bit stunned.

 His eyes were closed, enjoying the new warmth he felt in his chest. 

....

"WHAT THE FUCK!?"