Chapter 25

Being locked in a room with no way out was never fun.

The windows barred up like a jail cell, the door being made out of cold iron with no way out.

It felt claustrophobic, trapping, like a bird in a cage.

{Name} sat on the bed, spacing out at the floor as she thought.

It had been two hour since she was locked in this room, and every 30 minutes Fundy had come whimpering back to her.

Like a sad puppy dog who knew his owner was mad at him.

Tail low, ears sunken down, with a quiver to his voice and glossy eyes.

He would put his hand on the door, pleading with {Name} for her to talk to him.

To give him the slightest bit of attention.

It felt like a horrible drug he was addicted to, not being able to function without it.

And this time was so different, but {name} had been thinking.

Thinking a lot.

Silently thinking on her mattress as her brain ran.

He slid down on the other side of the door, putting his hand up to the metal door as he sighed a hopeless sigh.

{Name} breathed in, letting another breath out as she composed herself.

She always fancied herself an actress, always enjoying it as a hobby.

Nothing more nothing less.

But being able to let a small fib slide never hurt, it made her want to better her stills only increase.

So why not put those skills to the test?

She stretched her neck, taking one long deep breath in and out as she put on her face.

She crawled to the corner of her bed, making her face fearful and her eyes watery. Her wings cradled her body as she leaned against the wall, her legs curled up and her arms wrapped around her body.

She made tears lightly well up in her eyes, letting out a sniffle.

"Fundy," She called, breathlessly, helplessly, fearfully, almost like he was her savior.

Like saying his name would fix everything, like she was talking to a fellow god.

His ears shot up, facing the doors as he scrambled to stand.

"Y-yes Limbo??" He asked, his tail wagging lightly as he clawed at the door.

She hugged herself tighter, closing her eyes and letting out a few more sniffles.

"Fundy, I-" Her words got caught in her throat, her lip quivering as tears slowly streamed down her porcelain face.

"I-im scared, Fundy... H-help me," She cried, letting out a sob as his eyes widened.

His cheeks flushed at her voice, the absolute need she had for him at the moment.

His heart beat out of his chest, his breath quickening as he scrambled to get the keys out of his pocket.

His shaky hands tried to fit the keys into the lock, checking each one with much hase before one finally working.

With a soft clicking noise, the door slowly creaked open with a slow and gently movement. Fundy looked at {Name} curled up on her bed, and rushed over to her side.

He knelt down next to the bedside, resting his hand gently on her calf as he looked up.

It almost felt like he was looking at a god, bowing dow at a ruler who was simply above him.

It made his cheeks flush, a new found swirl churning in his gut with pleasure.

Before he met her, he didn't believe in a god.

To him, death was simply just an ending and living was a strange coincidence.

But seeing her, hearing her voice, made him understand what the gospel really felt like.

A strange sense of belonging, a sent of godly power just trailing off of her.

It was like he finally saw the light. In a dark, unturning hell that was called someone's consciousness.

She sniffles, holding her knees tighter together as her head hid. He moved up onto the bed, scooting closer to her so now their body's came in contact.

Not by much, maybe a bump of a leg or a resting of a foot.

"{Name}..." he muttered in a hushed, soft, empathetic tone full of worry.

she lifted her head up, tears staining her cheeks as her eyes were red, and swollen.

He sighed, gently placing his hand on her cheek as he moved his body closer to hers.

"I know this is scary, and intimidating, but I promise it'll seem alright in a couple of days! You just need a bit of reminder," he cooed to her, as she internally cringed.

Reminders?

Yeah right, what she needed was sorme free will.

Have they ever heard of that?

Making your own choices, now doesn't that sound nice?

In a blink of an eye though, {Name} was out the door as fundys body,

(without having anything to lean on now),

fell on the bed face first as the iron door was now shut on him.

{Name} ran, ran as fast as her legs could take her.

There wasn't enough space in here to fly, so she could only hope that her legs would make do.

She could hear fundy's hands shaking the iron door, his voice yelling with the venom of a predator.

She could imagine it now, furr straight, eyes bloodshot, teeth out.

Ready to bite the bird.

She turned hallways, running around until she found an exit.

She let out a gasp of air, a smile on her face as she quickly readied herself, taking a step back, she sprinted out into the fields, picking up enough motion to set her body off the ground.

Her wings flapped happily, as she did a spin in the air before souring off into the distance.

The wind carried her all the way back to pogtopia. She landed on the ground outside of the base, falling on her knees and palms as she panted.

Her body ached from running, the air didn't seem to get to her lungs even when panting like a dog.

She felt so ashamed of her actions, tears started to well up in her eyes as her hands shook.

What was she thinking?

What came over her?

She gagged at the thought again, how disgusting, unholy behavior.

What was this world turning her into?

The selfish desire to have what she used to was a new one to her;

And what a horrid one it was.

She should have never done that, it wasn't who she was.

Un-loyal activities shouldn't be participated in by someone as herself.

She put her hands together, holding them up to her forehead as they shook lightly.

Apologize spewing out of her mouth, with her soft, delicate, pure cries.

She prayed to a god she knew couldn't hear her, because angels aren't supposed to need help.

Need, guidance, need sanctuary, need a drop of sanity.

But she did.

She could never tell Wilbur and Tommy how horrid she was acting.

So all she could do was quietly shake, keeping it between herself and the wings that took her here.

(YAAA UPDATE :D)