Chapter 17

Standing on the stage, she watched as the crowd conversed before the event. 

The only reason she was on the stage was because Wilbur said he needed the "good luck" whatever he meant by that. 

Wilbur slowly tapped the mic, making the crowd quickly fall in a silent hush.

 "Hello people! And welcome, to the first ever election of L'manberg!" Wilbur stated proudly, Tommy smiling as well. 

He overlooked the crowd, seeing all the familiar faces. 

He could feel the clothes on his body. 

Every bracket on each single tooth. 

His arm itched, and sweat dripped down his face. 

And even with the smile on his face that showed confidence, he was scared.

 "In hand, I have the results of the election, with each and every single vote counted," He said, opening the letter and reading from the bottom up.

 "Coconut2020, with 9% of the votes,"

 A faint "awwe" was heard from Niki, but other than that expected silence. 

"In third place was Schlatt2020, with 16% of the votes, and in second place was SWAG2020 with 30% of the votes."

 Wilbur confirmed as Tommys face lit up at the news, the ground seeming to be happy with the results. 

"And first.. POG2020 with 45%.." 

Wilbur's voice seemed to dim out as Tommy cheered, shaking Wilbur and congratulating his president. But Wilbur stood still even when the claps filled his ears, and even when his teammate was celebrating.

 "Tommy.. Tommy.. TOMMY." 

Wilbur raised his voice making the whole crowd go silent as well as Tommy. 

"Schlatt2020 and SWAG2020 earlier before the results decided that they would pool in their votes, which means.." Shock fell over everyone expert the three men, knowing this would happen.

 A mold grew in {Name} and Tommy's gut.

 The mold that was always there. 

The mold that.. 

Told them that they would lose.

 "Schlatt2020 wins with 46% of the popular vote." 

The crowd was still silent as they all watched Quakity george and Schlatt cheer, walking on stage as {Name} walked closer to Tommy and Wilbur. 

She was scared. 

Tommy was scared. 

Wilbur was.. Well Wilbur. 

Schlatt moved up to the mic, tapping it just like Wilbur did at the start almost to mock him. 

"Wow.. hey folks! Crazy, I won right?" He turned to face Tommy, a smile dropping to a hateful frown.

 "Tommy, get off my podium." 

He told him as George and Quakity just cheered like it was all fun and games. 

"Tommy get off, this isn't yours anymore!" Quakity told him as He went over to Wilbur, him setting a hand on the younger ones shoulder. 

"Tommy, we're citizens now.. Just listen to schlatt."

 He said as they both started walking off, {Name} realizing it and trailing behind them. 

"Where do you think you're going, doll?"