Chapter 9

October 27th-
That morning, we'd drawn names for some kind of event. 13 got to go, not to mention Grim, which made 14 people eligible to go. Honestly, I'm bummed Skylar or Allie's cousins couldn't go. But... on the good side of things, Riddle got to go with us! Yay! It meant three days with my favorite red-headed housewarden! Other than that, everyone was on good terms, and I had no objections to who else got to go with us to our destination. But, yeah. We'll just see how the day unfolds.

~~~

Five days had passed since the third-year students spoke about this year's Halloween event, and it had been two days since the entire "spelldrive incident featuring Cheka" shebang. Kekoa and Kaimana were cleaning the bar in the Mostro Lounge. Jade was somewhere, while Floyd was in his room, throwing a basketball around. Possibly hitting himself countless times. "So, anything new, boys?" Azul asked, walking in.

"This year's Halloween is going to involve the families. But our Tutu..." Kekoa grumbled.

"Yeah, we can't let our Tutu know about this. She's always up our asses about our grades and how we're doing at school. But our mom's cool," Kaimana replied.

Azul tapped his chin, hiding something behind his back. "Well, you boys can tell Crowley to not invite her–"

"No can do, man. He won't listen to us. He never listens to us."

The three of them sighed, now sitting in the lounge. Things were never easy when their Tutu was mentioned. Even if both Kaimana and Kekoa loved their sweet mother, they had to oblige in bringing their elderly Tutu to Night Raven College. If Allison was spotted by her, then they'd be in big trouble. Azul then smiled genuinely. "Speaking of inviting, I got this invitation to a masquerade. I think your cousin, Annie, and a few others got one as well," he said.

Kaimana smiled. "That'll give us time to arrange things with our mom! You all go to that masquerade– ... What day are you all leaving?" he asked.

Azul looked at the invitation, opening it. "Tonight. We're taking a bus to Fleur City and Noble Bell College, which is off-limits to outsiders. Except for events. And you guys have to stay here to help set up for this year's Halloween event," he explained.

The brothers rolled their eyes. Last year wasn't as good as the year before. Only because the previous housewarden couldn't have cared less about anything. Crowley had drawn out names that would be going to the masquerade, and surprisingly, Allison and Annie got picked!

...

In Pomefiore, Allison and Epel were packing their things for the trip tonight. Both were excited to go to Noble Bell for the masquerade, but Rook was also going. Good Lord. They hoped he wouldn't go stalking anyone while they were there. "Hey, Allison. Did you hear about the others that would be going?" Epel asked.

"No," the fox girl replied.

He sneered and leaned in to whisper that a certain someone would be going. Her tail wagged, a small yet worrisome smile etched on her face. She was trying to hide the panic in her system. "Jamil's going?! Oh God!" she thought.

That's when Rook came in, smiling as he took his hat off. "You shall not fret, young Allison! We are here to protect you from the evil that is your unwelcoming emotions!" he said in a grand tone.

How did he even know that she was panicking? "Rook I swear ta Gawd shut the hell up! She ain't that scared! It's just teenage hormones kickin' in at the wrong timin'! Jeezus!" Epel yelled, protecting Allison from him.

Rook sighed and exited, leaving the two alone in his room. Epel sighed and zipped his bag up, putting it on his bed. Allison quickly put her things away and into her bag, also putting it next to Epel's stuff. "And we're ready for when we leave tonight. At least your cousins are gonna help with the Halloween event," the first-year said.