Chapter 18

October 27th-
Just before I thought we'd keep working on the Lounge, I got a video text from Allison. It showed her making a large firework with Deuce. And another pic was sent to us from Riddle. In that image, it was Annie and Allie with tea and biscuits. From what Kekoa and I know, that means they're plotting someone's demise. I dunno, we got that from Kaimana. But, yeah. About the Lounge thingie. We took a break from our designated areas and were getting the Mostro Lounge and other places ready for the event. I can't wait for Epel and Allison to wear their vampire costumes.

~~~

The students were on their way to the main hall to get to their rooms. Grim then yawned. "I'm beat from all that awesomeness. Let's hurry up and get back to our rooms," he meowed, going to lay on Annie's head.

Almost instantly, she swatted him away, yelling at him to watch her hair. She worked hard on it, and Grim wanting to take a nap on her was a disgrace to her hard work. "Not yet. We were told to gather in the lecture hall first, remember?" Malleus responded.

"The other schools are all here, too. Perhaps we'll be briefed about tomorrow's schedule," Annie said, padding down her skirt.

She looked at Allison's silky-smooth dress, seeing a smudge of dirt on it. Quickly, she licked her thumb and wiped it off, smiling. Allison's tail wagged as she hugged the second-year female student. Suddenly, the sound of a bell rang out, causing Allison to jump. "Was that the Bell of Salvation just now...?" Sebek asked.

"Yeah, there's no mistaking that reverberating sound," Silver replied.

Riddle cocked his head to the side for a moment. "But doesn't the Bell only ring once at morning, noon, and night? We already heard the night bell earlier. Why is it tolling again late at night?" he asked.

Azul hummed. "Hm? Is that... Is that fire I see from beyond the hall...?" he asked.

Idia squinted, trying to look closely. "... No, look carefully. It's not fire, it's a flower," the young man responded.

One of the RSA students looked at the pillars, their eyes widened. "The pillars are decorated with blooming red flowers. I don't remember seeing them when we first got here though," they said.

Did they notice that the flowers were slowly creeping towards them? "It's pretty. I've never seen one like it before... Ack...!!" another RSA student added, soon choking on their words.

The student fell to the floor beside the flower. "They collapsed as soon as they touched the flower...!?" Idia breathed, slightly worried.

Annie sucked in a sharp breath, her hands trembling. "Huh...? I suddenly feel... so dizzy..."

"Nh..."

Both students fell, eyes closed. Allison's breath got caught in her throat as she staggered back, Annie's hands on her shoulders. She too was frightened to move another step further. This was almost out of a horror movie! "Everyone who comes into close contact with the crimson flowers is falling unconscious..." Malleus muttered.

"They're growing in numbers at an alarming fast rate, too...!!" Jamil mumbled, backing away.

Ruggie shrugged, yawning. "Dunno if I'm just imagining things, but... I'm starting to feel groggy, too..." he slurred.

The group was indeed tired from all the dancing. But these flowers were increasing their sleepiness and grogginess. "No... You're right... I'm getting dizzy as well... We're in danger of losing consciousness the closer we are to the flowers..." Azul mumbled, stumbling around.

Allison held her head, uneasy on her feet. She stumbled about, trying to keep herself up, but was caught in someone's arms before she could fall. "Hey, be careful, Allison. You'll hurt yourself."