Chapter 33

December 19th–
I haven't written anything for a long time, but OH MY GOD!! I have the GREATEST news for you guys!! Exams are finally done! Which means winter break is finally here!! Oh my God– I've been waiting all month for this! I know I passed all my classes; not because Trey helped me. I took a page out of Annie's book and made a study guide for the group, and we went off of that. I'm positive that Kekoa and Kaimana also passed, and Allison passed as well. But now I can head back home and tell my family about meeting new friends because, for Thanksgiving, I had gone to Trey's family's house. Now my siblings can hear about my encounter with the Makani twins, Annie, and Allison. Let's hope they believe me when I tell them about the rum-carrying crab.

~~~

When the bell rang for winter break, Kekoa and Kaimana walked to the front of the school to the gates with their luggage where they saw Allison already there. Her hair had grown to her waist and was gracefully billowing in the winter breeze. Trein had let her out early so she could pack to head to Scarabia for the two weeks off. However, she didn't tell the two of them. "Are you sure you guys don't want to take me with you?" Allison asked.

"Tutu wouldn't like you. She never liked you for no reason," Kaimana replied.

"And to add to her irritation would mean she'd ask us if our second year as second-year students is going well. We don't intend to tell her until the day we graduate," Kekoa added.

That would be in the summer. Allison giggled and gave her cousins one last hug; a big and loving one. "Be safe. Tell Kalei I said hello and I love her," she muttered.

"She heard you. And she's grateful," Kaimana replied, kissing his cousin's forehead.

Kekoa kissed Allison's forehead as well before boarding the black carriage. The doors closed, and off they went. When the carriage was out of sight, Allison turned on her heels and walked to Pomefiore, only to see one of the Scarabia students holding her things. "What the–"

"We're ready for you," they said.

Allison blinked but nodded as she walked with the student through the Scarabia mirror, ending up in the not-so-cooled desert. And here she thought it would be cool for the holidays. The student led the fox to the entrance where other students helped take her bags to a spare room. All of a sudden... "Boys, we have a guest! Play some music to make her feel at home!"

Jamil stood in the common room, dressed in his usual Scarabia attire. But for some reason... he looked more gorgeous. Allison's cheeks flared as she hid her face as she was guided to sit and have some food. "Did Crowley's invite get the best of you?" he asked.

First, she stayed silent, hearing his voice so soft while he sat beside her. Then she spoke. "We both know that it wasn't much of an invite, but more of an order," Allison replied.

Both shared a light laugh before they continued to eat. It was a large arrangement of spicy foods, beverages, and other light delicacies. Music played in the background while the two of them sat. "What's all the commotion?!"

"Housewarden!"

"Ah, Kalim."

Allison turned to look at him, halfheartedly thankful that he saved her from having a mental breakdown beside her crush. "What's going on, Jamil? No one told me about the company!!" Kalim exclaimed.

But there was a good reason, according to the Scarabian vice-housewarden. "How many times must I tell you to always inform me ahead of time when inviting guests?! If you had... I would have arranged for an even finer banquet and a whole band!" Kalim scolded.

This was bad news. Allison's ears twitched as she took another bite of bread. Her tail swayed behind her as her toes tapped against the floor. But then his demeanor changed; he was back to smiling like a ray of sunshine. "Hiya! Welcome to our dorm. Sorry for not throwing you a welcoming parade! I'm Kalim Al-Asim, the housewarden of Scarabia. This is the first time we've met, right–"