Chapter 36

December 20th–
Before it flies out of my hot-headed head like a Spelldrive disc hitting my face, let me tell you guys the plan I have for graduation day. When Mom and Tutu come to see Kaimana and I on the last day, we reveal we've lied to her about being second-years a second time. I then reveal that I have a boyfriend, that being Leona. Allison had also been going here, and she's been excelling in all of her classes; fact. And she may say, "But that's impossible! Wasn't she supposed to go to Drissarths?!" And to that, I say this is a world where magic can make the impossible become possible.

~~~

Back in Annie's rabbit hole, she was baking tarts with all of her siblings. The Whitlock family did a lot of baking; and it showed. They had plenty of plaques from baking competitions in their realm, plus they had family photos of when Whitney competed to bake the biggest carrot cake. Annie's family was rich in baking history, which all started with her great grandma; Ruby Whitlock. "Annie, can you pass the pan? We're ready to put the chocolate crust dough in!" one rabbit sibling called.

Annie did as told and got the tin pan, putting it on the counter. They had finished making the delicious boysenberry filling, which was set in a bowl. It smelled delicious. But it wasn't ready to be eaten yet. The boys who worked on the chocolate dough put the flat dough into the pan, making sure it was ready for when they put the dessert in the oven. All of a sudden, there was a bell ringing at where the hole was dug. "I'm home!!"

The children squealed and cheered as they ran to see their father Jerome putting his luggage down. It wasn't long before he was tackled by the many bunny children, followed by an overly excited Annie and Whitney. "Dad's home!!" one child exclaimed.

Whitney laughed and kissed Jerome's cheeks before getting up, and going back to the kitchen. "We're making boysenberry tarts right now, draw. Care to join us?" she asked.

Jerome grinned and quickly went to get changed, coming out in his comfy clothes, wearing his "Kiss the Baker" apron. The children and Annie joined him at the counter as he began to help mix the boysenberry filling, which was still clumpy. Annie's sisters didn't know the proper way to mix filling. "Didn't mom tell you to use a silicone spatula to mix the filling?" Jerome asked, looking at the girls who had mixed the filling.

"Yes, but we didn't know where to find one," one girl replied.

"Besides, why use a spatula when you can use a spoon?" the other added.

Annie groaned with a smile and nudged her sisters playfully. "Come on, you girls! Dad taught you both how to mix properly! Surely you should've remembered the lessons," she said.

They shook their heads as their big rabbit sister groaned. Jerome chuckled and took the bowl of boysenberry filling, mixing it properly to make sure it was nice and smooth before putting it in the pan with the dough. Annie took an empty bowl and chopped up some strawberries, quickly whipping up a strawberry filling. "Look, girls. You don't want any big clumps in the tart. We want small ones. That's the number one rule for baking tarts in the Whitlock family, right?"

"Right, big sis!"

"And so when we're mixing, we want something that will get everything off the side of the bowl and off the bottom as well. That's why Dad wants us to use a silicone spatula to mix the filling. Am I making myself clear?" Annie explained.

"Yep!"

Jerome put the filling into the doughy crust and put it in the oven. "I say, Annie. Have you been studying our bloodline?" he asked.

"Nope. I learned most of this from Trey Clover and his family," she replied.

Whitney explained that while he was gone, Annie had gotten to know more about the students at Heartslabyul, one of them being Trey Clover. "Then I assume he taught you to what degree you should bake the boysenberry tart at?" Jerome asked, turning to look at Annie.

Thick & Thin [𝓣𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓦𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓭]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara