Chapter 12

October 27th-
I can't believe this is happening! At the time it happened, I wanted to hit Trein so hard in the face for putting me in a group with my crush! And since then, he's been so generous and comforting around me. Like, whenever I get scared, he traces circles on my back or shoulder. It's worse because my shoulders are showing because of my 1920's themed costume. But other than that, my group's cool. It also sucks that Sebek's always yelling at everyone. Jeez, can we ever get a break, like cazzo dai!!!

~~~

"Oh, how truly beautiful... You can feel the history simply by looking at the townscape. There are all kinds of flowers blooming, too. Ah, how magnificent, Fleur City!" Rook sang.

Idia suddenly shrieked, hiding behind a wall. "Beauty! Flowers! Color! Light! And a festival! The dazzling aura is too overwhelming...!" he exclaimed.

Annie giggled, snapping pictures to show Riddle and the rest of Heartslabyul. "Yes, it is bright and colorful," Silver put in.

"Everywhere you look, you see people dressed up. I thought we would stand out too much in these outfits, but it feels normal now that we're here," Ruggie mentioned.

Idia looked at the group, arms crossed over his clothed chest. "Come on... Move it... I want to get this over with quickly... Ah, um... According to the map, there should be an antique fair over there... I– I think that maybe we can find what we're looking for over there... I mean, maybe..." he muttered to himself.

There were colorful tents, people in exotic costumes, and many other things to see in the city. Annie's cotton tail wagged as her ears perked up at the slightest of sounds. "Imma look for things with potential... Huh? What's this hat doing on the ground? Wait, what!?!?! This hat is filled to the brim with coins!!" Ruggie exclaimed.

"Oh, my. It is. A topsy-turvy hat filled with coins? Each of the stalls in this area has one," Rook mentioned.

Was it some sort of lost and found? No, it could be something else. Donations? Whatever it was, Ruggie seemed too intrigued to want to return it if he stole it. "You have no intention of turning it in, LOL," Idia chuckled.

"You weren't thinking of pinching its contents now, were you?" Rollo asked.

When did he get here?! "Bonjour, King of Handkerchief!"

It took the young man a while to notice Rook's nickname. But when he did, Rollo arched a brow. "... Hm? Oh, were you referring to me by any chance?" he asked.

"Oui! Of course."

"You're the only one who thinks those nicknames are natural..." Idia said.

"Please rest assured. We weren't thinking of stealing. Ruggie thought it was a lost item, so he thought of turning it in," Annie said, putting on chapstick.

Her poor lips were chapped and dry. Thank goodness she always carried a stick of chapstick with her wherever she went! "Exactly! That was kinda a rude assumption, y'know?" Ruggie asked, looking at Annie.

Quickly, the bunny girl apologized. "Ah, is that so? I beg your pardon, then. Those aren't lost items, don't worry. That is where you leave your payment when you purchase from the shops in this alley.

"Huh? U-um, then... that would mean... The hats act like a cash register?" Idia asked, somewhat on the right track.

"Indeed," Rollo replied.

"Ever heard of security!? ... Well, It is said that the money you lost will quickly come back to you if you use a topsy-turvy hat in this manner. But they leave it out in the open? Even if it's right there, if someone runs off with it, it's gone for good," Annie explained, arms crossed.