Chapter 5

October 10th-
Everyone had heard of the whole overblot situation in Heartslabyul by then. I honestly felt bad for Annie. She had to endure all this pain. But that's the past, and this is the present. There's a spelldrive tournament going on between Savanaclaw and Diasomnia at the end of this month. And when I say Savanaclaw's been losing to Diasomnia, I'm not joking. Probably because they're all thinking about their housewarden and how to please him. I mean, it makes sense. Malleus Draconia is the most powerful mage here, a descendant of the Fae. But don't brag about your housewarden's amazingness in front of the rest of us! Geez!

~~~

Weeks after the overblot incident, two women looked at the local newspaper that spread around Night Raven College. A spelldrive tournament between Savanaclaw and Diasomnia was taking place at the end of the month. Something must be brewing in the women's minds. But back to the matter at hand. As Skylar walked to his next class, he saw the Makani twins standing by Trein's class. "Hey, guys!" he called.

The brothers looked up and grinned, going to hug their friend. The boys laughed and pulled apart. "So, where are you heading?" Kaimana asked.

"Vargas," Skylar replied.

Kekoa grinned and nodded, arms crossed over his chest. Both brothers wore their uniforms slightly unbuttoned because they didn't want to suffocate like all the others. Skylar smiled to himself and embraced Kaimana and Kekoa one more time before walking to his current class. As he entered the men's locker room, Trey smiled and waved to him. The boy walked to his area, kissing him on the cheek. "So, how are the others doing?" Trey asked.

"I just saw a few of my other friends. They're doing good. As for the brothers, Annie, and Allison, they're all doing good in class. Anyways, what about you?" Skylar inquired as he took his top off.

Trey smirked and wrapped his arms around his lover's waist, shrugging. "Nothing new. You know all you need to know, love. Now let's get ready before Vargas makes us run laps," he said, letting go.

...

It was her free period. Allison closed her locker and walked to the courtyard, taking a seat underneath an apple tree. She reached for her bag, pulling out a book and a pencil. Opening the book, she flipped through the pages until she landed on a sketch of a dress. It was unfinished, but it looked pretty nonetheless. "Hey, Allison!"

She looked up to see an excited Epel approaching her, carrying his school bag. "What is it?" she asked.

Epel sat down next to her, resting his head on her shoulder. "I bought tickets to the spelldrive tournament this month. Wanna come with me?" he asked.

It was a big offer. But she had so much homework to do! However, there wasn't a homework agenda like her primary school classes had. "Are you sure? We first-years have a lot of work and can't miss a deadline. You know how Trein and Crewel are with deadlines," she stated.

"Oh, come on! Vil and Rook are going! I hear your friend Skylar's going too! Maybe you should at least change a teeny tiny bit and try something new. Like, you know, going to events such as this one," Epel said.

Allison looked at her sketchbook, then back at Epel. She closed her eyes, trying to think. There were so many things she wanted to do, but according to her mother, school was more important. Suddenly, an idea came to her head. "Fine–"

"Good, because I got you a ticket to play with Savanaclaw against Diasomnia."

Allison's eyes widened as she stared at Epel in disbelief. "WHAT?!"

...

In the Heartslabyul dorm, Annie looked over some emails from a few of her siblings. She had a crap-ton of siblings, and she was the middle child. One asked for her to buy some more snacks for them. Another asked for more toys. One asked for a Barbie dreamhouse for their baby sister's birthday. "Good Lord... They think I have enough money to afford that stuff," Annie muttered as she snacked on a carrot.