Chapter 42

June 1st-
It sucks that we had no formal graduation at Night Raven. All Mr. Crowley did was send us off with some goodie bags and nothing more. I'm sure some teachers wanted to riot against him; including Mr. Crewel. He looked pained throughout the entire thing. Even Mr. Trein tried to give us a proper graduation, and I'm counting Lucius in on this one even though he's a cat! Oh, and to fill those of you in, I helped Leona so he could graduate, finally.

~~~

A few months have passed since the Scarabia incident. There were times when other housewardens of Night Raven College dorms went overblot; including Vil, Idia (to Kaimana's dislike for having to lose a friend to blot), and Malleus. But if one were to continue the story of the Makani brothers and their fox cousin, it would take the story into the following year. When June came around, the third-years at Night Raven had all graduated. But it didn't feel like a real one. And so, the complicated minds of the Makani twins came together once more. At the Burnoa Isles, the brothers basked in the sun while sitting on the beach. "You know, bro... We should do something. For everyone at school," Kekoa said.

"Yeah. That graduation felt like nothing," Kaimana replied.

That's when Noelani came out wearing a summer dress with sandals. "Maybe WE can host a graduation luau! Mom's great at planning, you know! And we can do it on your birthdays! We have 19 days to go," she put in.

Both of the boys' eyes shone with excitement. Now there was an idea that couldn't be put down. They ran into the kitchen to see Kalei making beef broth for their Tutu, who was, by this time, bedridden. "Did you tell the boys about our plan?" Kalei asked.

"Yep. A graduation luau on June 20th; the twins' birthday," Noelani replied.

Kekoa and Kaimana high-fived and ran into their rooms, starting to send digital invites. And no, they did not use AI to make the invites. If they sent paper invites, they could go to the wrong person by accident; the magical dimensions are everywhere. Of course, the twins sent one to Allison, Skylar, Snowflake, Hime, Ivy, and Annie. Then they got on a video chat to talk about it. Skylar was sitting in his bedroom while Snowflake was outside. Annie and Hime were in a garden-like area while Allison was also in her bedroom under her blankets. Ivy sat in a seat that was designed as an open flower. "Hey, you guys!" Kaimana said.

Annie and Skylar waved on their end as Allison waved her tail. Hime waved quietly while Snowflake grinned, wiggling her eyebrows. "Sup, boys! We all got the invites for the 20th! Do you want us to bring anything? Like... uh- food? And when do you want us to be there?" she asked.

Kaimana pursed his lips into a thin line as he thought. "How about on the 10th; we'll need some help preparing, and since some of us are gonna be graduating, we'll have the grads help out. ... And no, we're not counting the first and second-year students out of this. They can help too," he explained.

Allison giggled and winked at the camera. She told the group that she would bring some of her mom Jessica's town-famous caprese salad; small tomatoes and cheese balls in an olive oil and vinegar mixture plus some basil. It wasn't too fancy, but it was simple. This was a graduation luau, for the Seven's sake! "Sounds good. I'll see what I can bring to the luau," Hime said.

"What are the necessary things for us to pack?" Ivy asked.

"Just some clothes, bathing stuff, and anything else. I dunno to be honest," Kekoa replied with a shrug.

"Well, here's this. We'll provide the clothes. Just text us what your preferences are, and our sister will make the outfits. And we need them by tonight for it to happen," Kekoa added.

The others nodded and took their phones out, texting the twins their clothing preferences. "Are you gonna tell your sister to make any other outfits? I'm more than willing to help," Ivy said.