Chapter 14

October 27th-
No one had told me or my twin siblings about the food they had at the Fleur City! Annie shot me a text, saying that the food was better than what her dad could cook but not as good as her mom's cooking. I mean, I can understand what she means. Her mom has to take care of over 10 children, including her. But, over at NRC, things are going... not really smoothly. We have people already flashing cameras in our faces. And Crewel said that photography is strictly prohibited. But for us? Yeah, we took pictures in private. And don't tell Kekoa, but we got a pic of him and Leona kissing against the pirate ship.

~~~

"Ah, I've read about how the City of Flowers is famous for its cheeses. Is this a popular shop, Rollo?" Riddle asked.

Group 1 was now heading somewhere else in the city. God, there was so much to see! "It's one of our popular shops. There are many specialty cheese shops in the city. Bread and cheese have been our staple foods for a long time now. There have since been new varieties of cheese introduced. This shop showcases its cheeses as part of the menu and offers them for the café they run," Rollo explained.

Sebek looked at the cafeteria, then looked upstairs at people. "I see... Upon close inspection, the people upstairs seem to be feasting on really cheesy bread," he said.

"That will be all from me. I shall be excusing myself now," Rollo said as he began to walk away.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Flamme," Malleus said with a grin.

Sebek nodded, arms crossed boldly as he looked at Rollo. "You have our gratitude, human!" he called.

"HOW MANY–"

"Jamil, c-calm down," Allison said, shyly touching his shoulder.

He inhaled a sharp breath, exhaling. Boy, was he pissed off. "It's Rollo Flamme. Please enjoy yourselves..." he said before walking away.

Sebek then raised his hand. "I will order for us! Please take a seat and relax, Lord Malleus."

He walked off to get food for the group. Meanwhile, Allison couldn't help but daydream. Was it that serpent tongue that showed itself when Jamil snapped at Sebek? "Thank you for waiting!"

Oh– he was back. And the food looked and smelled so good. Hell, there were even drinks to accompany the food! "Wow... They all smell so appetizing," Riddle said.

"Freshly baked baguette topped with lots of ham and melty cheese... He even got some soup and two plates of sorted cheeses and meats," Allison added, her tail wagging.

Malleus nodded, looking at the group as they found a spot to sit. Sebek gave everyone pieces of bread, meat, and bowls of soup. "Let us feast," Malleus said.

The group said their thanks before digging into their cheese samples and meats. "Yes, this is delicious. The cheese is quite rich as well," Malleus said after swallowing food.

Sebek wiped his lips with a napkin, having finished a bit of food. "They told me it's a blue cheese made from goat's milk. I ordered the most popular kind for us since there were too many to choose from," he explained.

Jamil and Allison shared a look, then a snicker. "Still with the goats, huh? They do think highly of them," he commented.

Allison nodded as she took a piece of Monterey Jack cheese from the platter, biting into it. "The baguette's warmth is melting the cheese. It's inviting, and it has a unique taste as well," Malleus put in.

"It is both delicious and very filling. It pairs well with the ham's saltiness," Riddle said after swallowing.

Feeling generous enough to do something like this, Jamil took a slice of the baguette and put a piece of Monterey Jack on top, watching it melt on the hot bread's surface. He then quietly placed the bread on Allison's plate, not daring to let her know he did it. When she saw the bread slice, an ear slouched in confusion as she took it, eating it. Her eyes then lit up. "Mmm!! So good!" she exclaimed, covering her mouth.