𝐢𝐯. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐱𝐞𝐫

"Seon-woo where are you?"

Seon-woo lowered her head to the little girl who was hunched over her desk, an array of math books sprawled on the table as she solved a bunch of equations Seon-woo had prepared for her. She pointed to the device, excusing herself as she turned away from the young girl who bit on her pencil frustratingly. Yeah, math made her the most money.

"Geon-woo?" she frowned as she heard light shuffling.

"Is that your sister?" she heard a muffled voice.

"Woo-jin?" she said befuddled.

"Morning Woo" she heard before a smack was heard followed by his yelp. Woo, huh?

"Ignore him" she heard Geon-woo grumble.

"What did you want Geon-woo, I'm working" she said, sending a small smile to the girl as she looked up at older woman in distress. Seon-woo raised her hand to her chest before lowering it, the girl mimicking as she took a deep breath. Use your fingers she mouthed as the girl nodded, her small hands raised in front of her as her face scrunched in concentration. She lowered each one, grinning when she figured it out.

"Again?" she heard Woo-jin's voice. "How many jobs does she have?"

"Shut up Woo-jin" she grumbled. "Are you at the gym Geon-woo?" she asked.

"No, apparently someone got covid, they closed it temporarily. Coach didn't tell me anything. So, me and Woo-jin are heading to the rooftop, I'll send you the address. Come after work" she could almost picture his bashful smile as she nodded, giving him confirmation as she hung up, making her way to the girl.

"Ye-jin, don't forget to turn the page" she instructed as the young girl's face fell as she turned over the sheet to see a page of equations. Her head thumped on the table as Seon-woo nodded sympathetically, her lips pursed in understanding as she lightly patted her head.

"There, there. I know. I know"

 I know"