𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐀 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞

The next morning, they had received a call from Mr Moon telling them Mr Choi wanted to have a chat. Biting down on her nerves for the sake of her family, they had met up with Woo-jin and made their way to a sushi restaurant.

Entering the restaurant, they bowed in greeting as the owner ( Mr Hwang ) rounded the counter, approaching them, poised, arms crossed behind his back.

"You were introduced by Mr, Moon, right?" he said as they nodded. He eyed the two siblings who stood behind Woo-jin before directing them to a booth. "This way please"

They bowed gratefully, Seon-woo and Geon-woo taking a step forward before his hand shot out, halting Woo-jin in place as he told the sibling to move ahead, confusion plastering their faces but Woo-jin subtly nodded his head as she glanced back at him worried. The boy just waving his hands encouragingly.

Geon-woo noticed her hesitance, placing a hand behind her back as heslid open the door, bowing in greeting at the elderly man already sat at the table waiting for them.

So, this was Mr Choi she thought.

"Hello, I am Kim Geon-woo and this is my sister Kim Seon-woo" he introduced as she bowed, her smile showing through her mask as her eyes crinkled. Mr Choi grinned slightly, ushering them to the already prepped table opposite him.

"May I speak freely?" Mr Choi asked as Geon-woo sat pin straight in his seat. Seon-woo just as nervous as she nodded, hoping to ease their worries a little. "Yes, sir"

The man chuckled at the young siblings. Their nervousness radiating off the two, yet they still sat poised and respectful. They needed this, otherwise Seon-woo was certain they were screwed.

"Did you hurt your face?" Mr Choi furrowed as saw the bruises and bandage on Geon-woo.

"I got hurt trying to stop the landsharks who were destroying our mother's café." He said as Mr Choi sighed remorsefully.

"I was once a loan shark myself. It has been a while since I quit" he said as she gave him a small smile. "Now I am in the business of offering zero interest loans to sick people who can't afford treatment."

"That's very noble sir" Seon-woo said as Mr Choi sent her a warm smile, wrinkles crinkling at his sides as he smiled.

"I'm looking for a person. There's a young kid who's learning the business from me. We're not related by blood. That kid's the only family I have. I worry she might get hurt while getting around alone. So, I was hoping for a good person to be by her side and keep her safe" he said glancing at Geon-woo before meeting her stare." Someone who she can confide in. A friend"

"It's not debt collection, right" Geon-woo asked as Mr Choi immediately shook his head. "No, it's not debt collection" a visible sigh of relief leaving the two.